BF2 Stats not updating

Jun 24, 2007
  1. Everyone's stats and ranks in battlefield 2 are not updating for quite some time now. Plus there is no official word from EA on the issue.

You guys know any better?
  2. A random kid

A random kid TS Rookie

i dont rly play my bf2 but i kno in 2142 that there is a delay until the updated stats are shown on the website. I've noticed my stat's don't really update completely until the next day or so. ppl say it's just the delay b/w the ranked servers and the ea master server. idk really though.

But how long has it really been for them not being updated? days?
  3. Sharkfood

Sharkfood TS Guru Posts: 1,019

4. cfitzarl

cfitzarl TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,975   +9

In general, EA has been very unorganized with their products; having issues every once in a while. I'm sure this will be resolved soon. I haven't played BF2 for about 1 1/2 weeks, so I'll have to go check it out :) .
  5. IBN

IBN TS Maniac Topic Starter Posts: 487

Its been down since the 13th. This really takes the biscuit.
  6. AtK SpAdE

AtK SpAdE TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,495

i still play bf2 but i have lost all respect with EA because there lack of support with bf2.
  7. IBN

IBN TS Maniac Topic Starter Posts: 487

True say. Its plain arrogance for not giving out an official word.
  8. Sharkfood

Sharkfood TS Guru Posts: 1,019

They do have an official word. They even have updated their FAQ with the issue if you go to the main EA support site.
    EDIT- Bookmark the above link and/or use the "Notify Me" button to get email notification of progress. They updated yet again today- 6/25 and are being good about letting players know they are working on it but no fix has been determined yet.

You also have to understand a couple things:
    1) It is as they say- it's not effecting everyone in the same way. One of my profiles stopped updating on the 14th, the other stopped on the 17th. A work collegue's stopped on the 19th. It seems to be an issue that is growing.
    2) BF2 has pretty much stopped rolling in revenue, yet EA still maintains a complex network of overrun servers, DB and backup/IT to maintain player profiles. This is coming *free* to players without any kind of subscription fee or charge. This kind of thing IS expensive and likely has a very expensive cost at EA to support.

While I also believe in a customer's rights to buy a game with an assumed support level, EA is PAYING to maintain this now that the game is old-hat. Newer expansion sales and Armor Packs are all that's financing the BFHQ for BF2. I just don't think they expected so many people to still be hammering BF2 after BF2142 was released and the load exceeds their projected budget to maintain this.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.