BFG 8800GT OC problem - No boot/video output

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godzaghe

Hi, as the subject says i suppose, i set everything up, turned the PC on but it doesn't turn the monitor on from power saving mode. When i turn it on the blue light is on for about 5 seconds then goes back into power saving mode. The gfx card is running as the fan can be heard at 100%. The monitor is using the VGA input, with a DVI-D option. I have read of people with the same problem but no solution comes up. Also the machine> isn't booting up as the busy light isn't flashing and no noise when it would be entering Vista. I have a Arctic Cooling 700W PSU so it can't be> the power. I am using the Packard Bell PT890-8237A Motherboard, so it's in a PCI-E x 16 slot, don't know if its 1.0 or 1.1 but it shouldn't matter.

Any ideas i would be hugely grateful, thanks alot.

Assuming the graphics card is firmly inserted into the PCI-E slot and its got its aux power plug plugged in I don't see it being the graphics card unless its completely defective, I just bought a BFG 8800 GT OC2 and it works beautifully, if your not hearing any audible beeps on top of that it might be a compatibility issue perhaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back