BFG GeForce 8800 GTS OC 320Mb TV Out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClownKiller

Greetz to all,

I have problem with getting the tv out from mine graphic card. I do get an tv out on tv but it is in black & white. For sure some dumb checkbox needs to be marked but it seems to me that i have missed it.

Help? thx.

www.nvidia.com/page/support.html - 47k

Hi, if you click on that link and then go to the support section, you can download the manual for your graphic card, this will help you sort out your problem.
You can also get any driver updates which are available for it as well which may help.
Hope your power supply unit is strong enough to cope with it, take it you have checked to see that it is not over heating and your tv is actually able to work with the resolution offered, if it has a very large screen might cause some problems.
Best of luck
David

Thanks for the tip but i already done this and no result. It starting to piss me off =X, i have never had troubles using tv out on other graph cards but this one drives me crazy =X

I'm going to assume you are using S-Video out? S-Video carries color on one pin and luminance on another (remaining 2 for ground). Its possible you have a bad connection or the color pin (or possibly its ground) is broke.

Since its S-Video from a graphics card, it probably uses the 7 pin S-Video and I'm not sure what the standards are for that, but going from 7 to what your tv takes (which is probably 4) could be the problem.

Although, since you are in Croatia, I don't know for sure but maybe there is a possibility you guys have tvs that use SCART, and perhaps tvs can accept the 7 pin S-Video connections then.

I have an adapter that came with my 8800GTS that uses S-Video out on the card (7 pin) to a component adapter (7 pin can carry component signal). So if you have that and have a tv with component thats probably the best way to do it. Unless your TV has DVI or VGA in, in which case that would be by far the best solution (DVI better if tv has both).

Im not so good in english to use technical dictionary so i will try to explain in details. I have S-Video out from graphic card that im using it has 3 wires (adapter that splits s-video to red green and blue), than im on tv using standard yelow, red, white pins (i also have s-video and 2 scarts but no cables for that) instead of using s-video cable i have extended cable wich on both sides have 3 pins (yellow, red, white) im having them all pluged in tv and on the adapter at pc i did yellow to green and red & blue to a smaller T adapter and into the speakers hole.

I hope to reslove that matter in that way if possible and if not im going to buy 3m of s-video extended cable =)

Red, Green, and Blue are "Component Video". They each carry the red, green, and blue signals.

Yellow, Red, White is "Composite Video with Audio". Yellow carries ALL of the color information, not just one individual color.

If your TV does not have Red, Green, and Blue inputs then you'll have to use S-Video (buy a cable). Or an adapter that will take the S-Video out on your video card to the yellow cable.

In all of these cases, to run audio you'll have to run audio from your sound card (or onboard sound) to your TV. Your video card won't output sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back