Big problem after windows update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

My son has Vista on his computer and it was freezing up often. Then one day it asked if he wanted to install updates. He clicked yes and when it was finished it restarted and only has a black screen where it has one line of white letters. It looks like it is scanning through lots of files or something then it stops and says.

!! 0xc0190036 !! 3362/66930 (psync-dl.man)

Please help.

Thanks so much. I don't think he was downloading a torrent file since I never actually said he couldn't - I don't know why he would lie to me. But, he is 16 so lying to his mother wouldn't be a complete shock. Guess it's time to monitor his computer usage.

thanks again!

It will not let me start in safe mode even. Any advice on what to do now would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Hmm

You may need to remove the internal Harddrive and plug it into another working computer (as a secondary\slave drive) and scan it from there

Actually you could try booting from The Ultimate Boot CD and scanning the drive from using that

You have no idea the little amount of computer knowledge I actually possess. I've installed a few pieces of hardware on a desktop while my comp guru brother talked me through it over the phone. He has recently passed away and I don't know where to start on a notebook. I'd imagine it is so tiny in there that I would really break something.

I will try the Ultimate Boot CD. Aside from that I guess I'm done. The computer was junk from the day I bought it so it's not worth paying somebody to fix it. I will post if the boot CD works though.

Thanks again.

I'd say I could talk you through it :)
My older brother has no technical expertise whatsoever (too many funny stories to mention)
I've talked him through everything over the phone. He thinks I'm marvelous :approve:

Thanks so much for the offer. I haven't tried the boot CD yet though. I told my son that I can't get to it until this weekend. I'll keep you posted.

Kari

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back