Big problem-Radeon 9600 pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey wandering if anyone can help me with this. I am having a problem with my radeon 9600 pro, or well i think its my graphics card. Whenever i go to play on a game after several minutes of playing on it the monitor will turn its self off then when it comes back on either the game i was running would of shut itself down or my whole pc would reboot. i have tried playing on games with different monitors but it does the same, please can anyone help me?!

what psu do you have???what is it rated at??.first of all does the monitor shut off or just go in standby this can be checked by the light on the monitor.when this happens does everything else behave normally like games continue to run-sound comes out normally,hdd light blinks etc.does this happen in games alone or might happens in normal operations-like watching movies,listening to music etc.

i have a "400W silent power" PSU. the montior shuts off then turns itself stright back on again. Also the game just shuts down without any notice or anything, as it does when the computer shuts down. this happens just when iam playing on games but it has happened once when surfing the net.

well the problem isnt so apparent to me,it could be a lot of things.first do a system scan for viruses,worms etc.two is this a new pc or has this started only recently after you made some change.is its been happening from the start than probably a faulty-video card or mobo.if not than look for any signs of overheating,download utilities that check your pc and your gpu's temp and fn speed,it could very well be an issue with overheating of your video card or your cpu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back