Big Problem with Firefox Mozilla

By videogirl
Nov 15, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I am unable to read words in Firefox. I get all stars instead of words. Can anyone help fix this problem. I cannot even read the online help forums because they are all in stars also. I am going to try to access it from Kmealon. I thought I would try here and get my first post underway.

Thanks
  2. smore9648

smore9648 Newcomer, in training Posts: 757

Set the settings to default, if that doesn't work unistall and re-install.

If that doesn't work run AV and spyware programs
  3. videogirl

videogirl Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

I figured out the problem - good for other's to know

What happened was that I was checking the options for a parental filter in Firefox - it's called ProCon. If you enable word censuring it turns all the words into asteriks. I think you have to set it up a certain way to make it work proper - I just haven't bothered as yet.

I am having another problem however. I customize my toolbars to show what I want yet everytime I log-out and come on the next day they are gone again. I have to do this everytime I log-on. With the previous Firefox I never had this problem but now it just keeps doing it. I tried asking on Mozilla's help forum - I never got a response. Any suggestions?

Videogirl
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.