Big Upgrade need some aproval and small advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

joman2055

OK. Right now I am thinkin about upgrading my comp i built about 2-3 years ago with a new mobo, video card, and CPU
I have a DFI Infinity 875 mobo
Intel P4 2.8 (small OC to 2.92)
and NVidia GeForce FX5600XT card

I want to step up to PCI-e with just about any mobo (need some advice on a choice) i think i want a NForce4 chipset and i dont need SLI.
For CPU i want a AMD Anthlon 3500 (venice core is the best right?) should i get 90nm?
And card i want GeForce 6600GT
I also need a good cooler that is quiet and cheap like my Areo on the P4
I want to keep this in the 400-500 range less is better.

Comments suggestions?

This is a mild gaming comp i only really play css but i want somthing speedy.

wait..lol..the title has no relation to the actual topic ..w/e
well i dont see why you need a cooler right away..unless you re gonna do some oc'ing i stick with the stock cooling system...the 6600 is becoming old..so shoot for a 6800

processor wise id go with the AMD 64 3700+, its generally incredible value for money...

2.2 ghz, L2Cache 1MB... all in all a wicked cpu.

its about £150 ;)

heard alot of good things about the epox 9npa+sli it has the n force 4 chipset and pci-e can have up to 4 gigs dual. only thing it has that u said u dont need is the sli but it wouldnt be a bad idea to get it even if your not ging to use it. this is the mobo i have and i was lookin for basicaly the same thing u have, sure i dont have it running yet :p cause im low on funds for some things but hey it seems like a really good mobo

or if u really are against this sli could go with the slightly cheaper EPoX EP-9NPA with basically everything the same as the sli version but without the sli :bounce: for $105 on newegg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back