Bill Gates is once again the richest person in the world

Shawn Knight

Staff member

bill gates microsoft

Bill Gates is once again the richest man in the world thanks to the recent success of the company he helped create. The 57-year-old Microsoft co-founder surpassed Mexican investor Carlos Slim yesterday to reclaim the title according to the Blooomberg Billionaires Index as stock value in Microsoft hit a five-year high twice this week.

Microsoft is riding a wave of success that has seen shares climb 28 percent so far this year. Gates owns a substantial amount of stock in Microsoft which as of yesterday, put his net worth at $72.7 billion – an increase of 15 percent year to date. Keep in mind that Gates has already donated some $28 billion of his fortune to the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, a charity that he runs with fellow billionaire Warren Buffett.

Interestingly enough, however, less than 25 percent of his total fortune is held in shares of Microsoft. As of late April, the NASQAD revealed Gates held more than 400 million shares in the company.

It’s the first time Gates has been the wealthiest man on the planet since 2007 when he lost the title to Slim. The 73-year-old investor has watched share value in America Movil – the largest wireless provider in the Americas - slide 14 percent thus far this year. Mexico’s Congress recently passed a law designed to regulate the telecom industry which could force Slim to either break up the company or charge lower rates for service.

Permalink to story.

Keep in mind that Gates has already donated some $28 billion of his fortune to the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
That's amazing... he can't get rid of his money fast enough.

Yeah, if there's one guy who has proven he can put a fortune to good use it's Bill Gates.

Maybe if "good use" in your mind is using a lot of his funds for paralyzing kids in the third world(bill and melinda gates foundation) by now over 50k successfully paralyzed and protecting monsanto so he can poison the worlds food supply;meanwhile he won't even take a bite of the stuff they create. So if you a very evil person then yes;he is putting his fortune to very good use. Don't believe me; LOOK IT UP p.s.use your own discretion not cnns not msnbcs not fox or any other globalist fronts discretion

Forget what Bill Gates does with his money--what have you done with your money to help others in need? Generosity isn't achieved vicariously...

Just saying. :)

Here's a video on Bill Gates on YouTube that's pretty interesting. If you can add two numbers together you can see that there's more going on than meets the eye. What's the real purpose behind all of these vaccinations?

Keep in mind that Gates has already donated some $28 billion of his fortune to the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation

Yeah, if there's one guy who has proven he can put a fortune to good use it's Bill Gates.

Maybe if "good use" in your mind is using a lot of his funds for paralyzing kids in the third world(bill and melinda gates foundation) by now over 50k successfully paralyzed and protecting monsanto so he can poison the worlds food supply;meanwhile he won't even take a bite of the stuff they create. So if you a very evil person then yes;he is putting his fortune to very good use. Don't believe me; LOOK IT UP p.s.use your own discretion not cnns not msnbcs not fox or any other globalist fronts discretion
What about the six million lives he saved?

I'll reserve my extended comment until you post what you've donated to help the world, oh wait.

I could only suggest to Bill that he spends a small part of his fortune to create incentive for other world's richest to do as he does. For example, Bill should be ashamed to even stand next to Carlos Slim as he did before, because Carlos Slim while next richest to Bill, also the world's greediest, who sucks out of people all over the world and gives nothing back. Slim was listed the world's richest for the longest, while donating measly 3bl. to charity, that's nothing short of telling the world to f.off, especially considering that he got it all out of a developing country, with 17% below poverty. Somebody needs to teach a lesson to such people.

Him & his wife are the biggest charity givers in the world. Not a surprise. What you sow, that you will reap.

That's a known fact. But the saying is "You reap what you sow" ;) Though I don't see relevance either way in this case. These people give after they were given, while the saying is for people who get rewarded after they have given much to others, and not the other way round. It's like saying - give me a billion dollars, and I will be happy to spend the rest of my life as a philanthropist - it is the right thing to do, hands down, just not any near as noble as giving while you have almost nothing for yourself. To put it differently, the saying implies that one should give to others more than he leaves for himself, that which defines the act of true generosity.

I've always wanted to write him a letter requesting 40k so I can go upgrade my summer car from my 95 Z28 to a 2014 Mustang GT.

That's a known fact. But the saying is "You reap what you sow" ;) Though I don't see relevance either way in this case. These people give after they were given, while the saying is for people who get rewarded after they have given much to others, and not the other way round. It's like saying - give me a billion dollars, and I will be happy to spend the rest of my life as a philanthropist - it is the right thing to do, hands down, just not any near as noble as giving while you have almost nothing for yourself. To put it differently, the saying implies that one should give to others more than he leaves for himself, that which defines the act of true generosity.

You're arguing semantics. Jobs was also a billionaire, didn't give the smallest fraction of what the Gates gave. Besides, I was quoting actual scripture(original source). Thanks for weighing in though.

Edit: He reached rank again. He's reaping much more wealth & status. On the contrary, my point is quite relevant.

I've always wanted to write him a letter requesting 40k so I can go upgrade my summer car from my 95 Z28 to a 2014 Mustang GT.

It is never too late. Just ask for one painted green, so people may think of you as a true supporter of environment, never mind its 309 gram of CO2.

You're arguing semantics. Jobs was also a billionaire, didn't give the smallest fraction of what the Gates gave. Besides, I was quoting actual scripture(original source). Thanks for weighing in though.

Steve Jobs was an inventor 100 times worth that of Bill Gates, that which in itself buys him much forgiveness, and the word was that he was joining the charity camp, just didn't make it because of his health, so I wouldn't use him for a comparison.

Steve Jobs was an inventor 100 times worth that of Bill Gates, that which in itself buys him much forgiveness, and the word was that he was joining the charity camp, just didn't make it because of his health, so I wouldn't use him for a comparison.

I'm sorry what?
http://9gag.com/gag/5195630
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFeC25BM9E0

Also a lot of jealousy and hate in this thread, I say good on Bill. He made lots of money in a moderately decent way without taking advantage of people etc and hes using it for more than gold plated cars and crap like some other rich folk.

I'll reserve my extended comment until you post what you've donated to help the world, oh wait.

As I am a Christan I will not boast about such things, I believe it's not how much you give but how much you will give up so others can prosper or in other words bill gates has billions of dollars so 28million to splice dna and kill kids is pennies to him. But for me I get like 2 grand a year (cause I'm still a kid) so for me to donate just 1$ is like bill gates giving up a 100 million dollars. But this has made me thought, we all need to do more to help the world instead of just being selfish. Irony, idolizing people that want you dead lol

Back