TechSpot

Bing 2.0 to be rolled out next week?

By Matthew
Sep 11, 2009
  1. Bing has had a busy few months, but if recent rumors hold any weight, a facelift may be just around the corner. Mary-Jo Foley over at ZDNet caught wind of a few Tweets that came from Microsoft's annual company meeting, which are hinting that Redmond may roll out "Bing 2.0" this fall -- and possibly as early as next week.

Read the whole story

2. Captain828

Captain828 TS Guru Posts: 277

Two of the Twitter pages don't work. Probably MS took them out.
    Bing has so far been pretty successful and with 2.0 it might get even more buzz.

3. windmill007

windmill007 TS Rookie Posts: 311

Good for BING... We need some competition. I mainly use Google but BING is decent and I no longer reset peoples search options to Google from Microsoft.

4. 9Nails

9Nails TechSpot Paladin Posts: 983   +89

I like Google's search tweaks that allow me to put words in quotes to search for an exact phrase and not just a smattering of terms. Like the following terms give better results at Google: Stargate SG1 "Season 5" "boxed set". Bing results aren't as accurate, but they get close. (My example probably can be more illuminating, but I'm not feeling well today.) I hope in Bing 2.0 they can tighten up the results.

5. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,657   +323

Anyone know how to successfully add Bing to the search engine pulldown in Opera (specifically Opera 10, but I imagine the directions are the same for any opera past version 6)

Nevermind, its preferences, then search tab, then add, fill in the stuff but instead of putting www.bing.com as the address (as I originally did) you need to put this there: http://www.bing.com/search?q=%s&go=&form=QBLH&scope=web then it works.

6. levar

levar TS Rookie Posts: 232

I can't wait to see what bing + silverlight has in stored :3

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.