Bios password locked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi i have a 3100c with the usual problem bios password locked :( i have been trawling these treads looking for i backdoor passy , does anyone have any idea or link to where i might be able to find one plz?

thank you Tez

i have been trawling these treads looking for i backdoor passy
And you missed this huge thread, whilst "trawling these treads" :D

@teknix999

Well replying on an old thread was not the way!
I've moved your post appropriately to here, please read this entire thread

Thank you Kimsland this is precisely what i required, i shall trawl this tread and hopefully find
what im looking for :) . I did see this tread but it seemed to be focused on notebooks and laptops ,, lol i must of been a little impatient.
thanks again for putting me right, ;)

Hi guys i have looked from start to here and although the problem i have is just as many ppl have had,
i am not using a laptop its a deck top dimension 3100c ,, DC051 A02 bios ,, tag : 3L59B2J ,
express code 07808969035 , can anyone help plz ,,,or does the paperclip work ?
im locked at the bios post stage ,, i cant enter settings etc etc,,,

thank you in advance. Tez

Hi again, i take it no body knows if the paper clip works with a decktop dimension 3100c ?
:( or any passwords i might try.

thanks Tez

teknix999

I have originally mistaken your computer as a laptop :eek:

The paperclip method is not for Desktops, nor for that matter is the Mobile password thread ! (My mistake, umm very sorry for originally telling you to post there)
This happened because of 2 reasons
1. Your original posts (months ago) were about a laptop password removal
2. Your wording made it difficult to understand, and your actions (posting on two threads 1 a reply and 1 your original thread) Made me think (!) that this was the standard Mobile password member, basically doing the standard stuff I see every 2 hrs or so

But, due to my assumptions, you were placed in the wrong forum, and therefore not helped :eek:

So

I wonder if it would be best for me to make up for my actions, and actually provide help for you. I think I'd better!

---------------

The BIOS password may be cleared from a Dell Dimension by moving the password jumper on the motherboard.

The location of the password jumper on a Dell Dimension motherboard can be found by reviewing the Dimension User Guides. See below for your Motherboard layout

For most Dell Dimension desktops, the steps to reset a BIOS password and clear all CMOS settings are:
  • Locate the 3-pin CMOS password reset jumper on the system board.
  • Remove the jumper plug from pins 1 and 2.
  • Place the jumper plug on pins 2 and 3 and wait approximately 5 seconds.
  • Replace the jumper plug on pins 1 and 2.

techoa11.gif

1 fan connector (FAN)
2 processor connector (CPU)
3 power connector (12VPOWER)
4 memory module connectors (DIMM_1, DIMM_2)
5 serial ATA drive connector (SATA0)
6 front-panel connector (FNT_PANEL)
7 power connector (POWER)
8 CD/DVD drive connector (IDE)
9 PCI Express x1 card connector
10 PCI card connector (2)
11 FlexBay USB connector
12 piezo buzzer
13 password jumper (PSWD)
14 floppy drive connector (DSKT)
15 battery socket (BATT)
16 RTC reset jumper (RTCRST)

Here is the jumper ==>
techov04.jpg

Here is the position to place it in ==>
techov06.jpg

ie Remove from existing jumpered Pins 1 & 2
Then place the jumper on Pin 2 & 3

This should work :)

If it does not work, or if you need any more assistance, I will be only too willing to help. Maybe this may bring us up to neutral (No anger or happiness) I hope so

Hi again ,,, lol i just started to look for the eeprom chip and found the password jumper lol i feel a prat now ,,,, hahaha well im all sorted now thanks :) who woud of thought it would be so simple.

Thanks for the update :grinthumb

If you ever have another issue try to contact me directly, (PM or on reply, or anywhere) I'll be only too happy to help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back