BIOS Password, please remove.

Status
Not open for further replies.

God Of Mana

i would like to know how to remove a BIOS password (a power on password)
I am not sure what iformation you may need to remove a BIOS password but just ask for it and I will post it.:approve:
BTW: how can you find out what kind of motherboard you have?

Reply ASAP,
GOM

1. remove the CMOS battery will work on some boards others will require a shorting trick. Depends on the board. Yet others require a master service technician password. The answers are plethora. Check the laptop forum.

Ah, its not a laptop tho, its a desktop, and im pretty sure you call those starting up passwrods BIOS passwords, im incorrect, (SORRY!)
and im trying to avoid disecting or opening my computer... any other soltuion that don't entail the possible loss of information?

What Tedster says is the only way i have ever heard of for removing a bios password on a pc!

All you have to do is remove the side panel, remove the battery for a short while whilst the mains is unplugged. Re-fit the battery, then re-fit the side panel. Its easy enough to do.

the (mine is horizontal)top panel requires a special screwdriver, one i dont own, a phillip head just doesnt work...well, ive been meaning to upgrade...
here i come 1Terabyte!

Special screwdriver? Perhaps its a torx screw. Do you not have any torx bits at home or work? If you can't get one they can be often carefully opened with a slot screwdriver. Once you've got the case side off you just need to remove the coin cell from the motherboard and disconnect the main lead. This will leave the bios with absolutely no power. After 30 seconds switch back on check to see if the password is gone. If so then switch off again, replace the battery and you're good to go. You may need to go into the setup to change some of the settings back to how they were before.

Well,its really too late, already bought my new computer.. OMG it owns...thank god i backed up all my files...but ill keep on working at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back