BIOS password set by accident on Dell laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
i accidentally put a bios password on my moms dell inspiron 8000 and forgot the password and she is going to be back in 6 days

my teacher told me to come to this site because people were giving out master passwords that will help me out

her id number is #dvrvfo1-595b

and her service tag is dvrvfo1

my email is email removed

For the record, let's get this straight. You messed up your mother's computer, you scared she'll find out. But in no way can the come close to "Help help life and death emergency". So let's leave the drama out! You should also never post personally identifying information such as the ID and tag numbers of her machine. You have now also put her system at risk.

Quite frankly, unless you were specifically given permission to get into the BIOS as a means of repairing the operating system, you should not have entered it at all.

You can look on the follow site for help witht the BIOS problem:
http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=1501

i tried 2 download a floopy rar reset file. it didnt work for me.dell inspiron 4000.service tag=b9mpyo1 express service code= 24526963297- when i boot up it gives this code=#b9mpy01-595b- admin pass locked up.the guy repairing laptop 4 me passed away,so im really stuck. please help. hope im not stepping on toes in this forum. thanks for all your help.. a really sadcwby

Did you not understand that you should NOT be posting a personal identifiable machine number? You have twice given the specific identifying information for that machine. You do not have the right or the permission to expose this computer like that, just trying to get out of a problem you caused! In the wrong hands, this information can be used to specifically target that machine and expose it to threats from the internet.

Honestly, I don't know how you're going to get out of the problem you created accessing the BIOS on a machine that wasn't even yours.

First off... I think your machine is haunted...
It killed off the repairman. =O

Each Dell Inspiron has a master password which will clear the BIOS password. You can get this number by calling Dell Technical Support at (800)624-9896.

Dell Technical Support will request the Service Tag and Express Service Code from the bottom of your Inspiron.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back