BIOS problem on Asus M3A79-T Deluxe

Mikymjr

I did a BIOS-update on my m3a79-t from 0803 to 1801, cause i thought it would be good just in case i would buy a phenomII X6 processor. But after having flashed the bios, i tried overclocking my CPU phenomII X3 710 back to what i had overclocked it at (2.99GHz it was even easy to go to 3.1GHz without adjusting the Vcore). As it stands now i can't even go past 2.74GHz. When i go past a FSB of 210Mhz, my pc just doesn't post and when i restart it? I get a "system boot fail". What i have seen is that before the bios flash, my cpu vcore was always automaticly adjusted to 1.424 volts. Now it's 1.325 volts, but eventhough i adjust the voltage back to 1.4-1.45 volts it stil won't go past 2.74GHz. Please help? Can it be that my BIOS version is unstable? If so how van i flash my bios back to 0803? I really want to get out of this nightmare

My board says that i can't flash it back to an older BIOS that's the problem i really don't know what i should do now

What method did you use to flash it before? You should be able to flash it back to a previous version using Asus CrashFree BIOS 2. In the English language version of the manual that is on page 3-1.

So i checked "Asus crash free bios2" but it only works when the Bios update went bad or the bios crashed. It only makes me think to crash the bios on purpose to reflash it with the cd-rom from asus hmm.......And no even if i try "ez-flash" or the other utility under windows it tells me that bios version 0803 is older and that's it. It first checks the bios version and just says the version your trying to load is old and nothing more

Well, it seems to me that with the trouble you are having with the new BIOS, one could say something might have gone wrong with the BIOS update. Have you tried to use it to go back to the original BIOS?

I couldn't go back to the original Bios. It just wouldn't let me. I grew tired of it. Cause i really needed my pc to do some video converting. I bought a new motherboard in the whole process. Gigabyte 890fxa-ud5 and i'm going to swap my phenomII X3 and Radeon 4890 in. I do have to buy some new memory though (New mobo takes DDR3). I'm still holding on to the Asus m3a79-t Deluxe motherboard. I think the bios can be swapped because it sits in a socket on the board. Is their anyone with a spare bios for this kind of board or do you know where i can buy or find a knew one? With the old bios version offcourse. Thanks in advance =)

Back