BIOS Problem With my Athlon XP 3200+

Status
Not open for further replies.
lo all, i recently built a new pc but fitted my board rong and shorted it lol :/ after this i then took it to a pc repair shop and they guys their had some trouble with it. The motherboard was damaged ie. the mouseport is ded :x Something thats now troubling me is why it says my processor is an athlon 2500+ when it is supposed to be a 3200+ :s I was just wondering if this was a bios setting and how to change it, and if there is any way in finding out if the processor in my pc is a 3200+ because i am suspicious that the guy from the pc shop may have switched it :s I would be VERY greatful for help wiv this problem.

Davr0s^

If the motherboard default bus speed is 333mhz then the 3200 will show up as a 2500 if the CMOS was cleared. Go into the BIOS and make sure the front side bus-FSB or CPU Ratio is set at 200mhz. That will make it 400mhz DDR. The setting should be under Advanced Chipset or Advanced Configuration.

Hmmm i cant find that setting in my bios, the only setting for FSB is set at "50%" is this the setting i need to change? also i have jus recently purchased an Asus 6600 GT (geforce) and afta installing the drivers a window popped up saying that its processer settings have been set to low to keep my system stable because there isnt enough power :/ does this mean i need a new power supply. thanx all

Set the FSB to 75%. Did you connect the power cable to the video card? What kind of computer do you have and what is the output of the power supply? It will say on the side of the PS what the wattage it.

Thanx. My PC is an athlon xp 3200+ 512k RAM Geforce 6600GT and the power supply is a 300W one but i think its a cheap and nasty one as it came free with the case :p thanx all

you can alsoget a premium for $40 bucks.I had an Antec and it was the pitts.I bought the Premium and the voltage is more stable.

Vegasgmc i just realised that u asked if i connected the power supply to the card nd am wondering what you mean by that. The onli the plug i have from my card is the 1 connecting it to the monitor, shud i have another connection to the power supply?? cheerz Davr0s^

There should be a power connecter at the end of the card. It uses the same type of power lead as the hard drive and cdrom drives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back