BIOS says PEG card installed but can't find it!

By Goggleplex
Nov 20, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. In the BIOS it says that there's a PEG card installed, (and I need the CD that came with it to get it to work). But I don't have the CD... and I need to know what card actually is so I can attempt to get the software to turn it on. I'm not even sure if turning it on is a good idea! But otherwise, all I have is a graphics chipset with about 8 MB of memory on it. I can't afford a new card.... plus, this is a Dell small form factor computer! It's hard to get hardware for it because of the lack of space in the case, plus I'm not sure if s standard card would even work with a Dell computer.

I got my "X-Plane" flight simulator to run reasonably well with only that chipset after installing 4 gigs of system memory but I think I'm very close to overloading thing.

As far as I can tell, there's no option in the BIOS to tell me anything else about this card or how to find out what card it is. I can't find an "advanced" menu in the BIOS either.

Any help will be very much appreciated. :)

The computer is a Dell Dimension 5100c... running XP Home.
    Blame my wife for the chipset and the small case! :)

I can't ask Dell about this because they want a zillion bucks just to ask a question! (My warranty has expired.)
  2. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TS Evangelist Posts: 4,345   +11

Sounds to me like the integrated graphics chip uses PCI Express bus.
  3. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,681   +86

If this is the machine what I think it is (i.e. with P4 processor and 945G chipset) you have Intel Media Accelerator 950 on this system board, and you can find the newest driver for it on Intel's site (Dell may have it as well, but chances are it will be older driver than the Intel one).