TechSpot

Bios update help

By emoboy1994
Jan 27, 2009
  1. i'm trying to update my bios.1 i pressed (a:\>)dir (to check if my bios flash and file were there, and they were in the diskete),2 i pressed (a:\>)aminf342 e030310S.rom(it sayed my current version of bios ect.),3 at the state i must press enter to start , my keyboard did respond at all!
    how can i update my bios? with this problem?
    motherboard :p4VXASD2+ ECS.

i started to update my bios from this mesage from microsoft (when i was using my pc it automatic restarted and told for a serius problem and send me to this site http://wer.microsoft.com/responses/....9.9?SGD=a01c8653-e7c1-4146-a04c-b72b9ff43356)
    this wasn't the first time

why when i'm booting my pc it beeps 2 times (1 time before screen shows me nothing and 2nd time about 7 sec later) whats the problem??

i need help ......plzz

2. Twisterman360

Twisterman360 TS Rookie

What brand of motherboard are you using. I am using an ASUS and they have a utility that does it for you called Asus Update.

If its a different brand then I don't know :(

3. emoboy1994

emoboy1994 TS Rookie Topic Starter

my bios is ami(american megatrends site:www.ami.com),my motherboard ecs(elitegroup computer systems site: www.ecs.com.tw)

4. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 10,074   +13

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.