Bios update help

Hey guys, I've attempted a bios update through this website and I've been left with this sitting on my desktop for two days and the loading bar has not moved an inch.
I tried to update the BIOS because for the last few weeks when my computer is booting the screen would go blank and just stay blank and I would have to keep resetting until it would finally boot. I was hoping a bios update would do the trick otherwise I would not have bothered.

Im worried if I exit out or shut-down my computer I could corrupt my BIOS. Any ideas?..Untitled.jpg

I would exit and maybe try again. Thats the download phase which has nothing to do with the actual update process. The download will complete, before any attempts to update will begin. Updating the BIOS can be very risky, updating would never be handicapped by possible problems of downloading.

Thanks! I didn't think it was updating the bios but I wanted to be sure.
I have one other question.. Im looking for the right bios update for my type of motherboard. It's an asrock h67m, but all I can really find is the h67m/ati or other ones with letters and dashes after the h67m. I tried to install the h67m exe from the asrock website and it told me my system does not meet minimum requirements. Could someone point me in the right direction for a bios update and possibly the best method of installing it?

Yes, that's the one. I am new to this and didn't realise the impact a bad bios update can make, so any help would be great! I downloaded this zip file from that asrock site for my motherboard and it comes with a "H67m 2.10.exe" file and two SYS files "AMIFLDRV32" & "AMIFLDRv64". Do I just run the .exe as Administrator?

Yeah, I read that and noticed that it says at the top that the utility supports xp/xp 64 and vista/vista 64. I'm windows 7 64... does this matter?
I tried to run the exe anyway and I get this message "Your chipset version on this motherboard is "B2", and due to Intel chipset limitations, B2 versions do not support Intel 3rd Generation CPU (Ivy Bridge CPU), so the BIOS update process will be terminated."
I know I'm in over my head but I am tired of having to continuously restart my PC to get it going.

IMO, a BIOS update is one of the very last actions I would try to fix a system.
my computer is booting the screen would go blank and just stay blank and I would have to keep resetting until it would finally boot.
That symptom implies other issues - - just how old is this system and can you determine the vendor of your HD?

The "easiest" way to update the bios of your asrock h67m mobo is to flash the bios under windows operating system.

http://www.asrock.com/MB/download.asp?Model=H67M&o=BIOS
http://www.asrock.com/support/BIOSUI.asp?cat=Windows5

Update BIOS under Windows® Vista™ / Windows® 7
Step1: Please right click BIOSfilename.exe
Step2: Click "Run as administrator".

Notice
Warning.gif
If you encounter problems while updating the new BIOS, DO NOT turn off your system since this corrupt BIOS might cause your system failed to boot up. Just repeat the process, and if the problem still persists, update the original BIOS file. If the Flash Memory Writer utility was not able to successfully update a complete BIOS file, your system may not be able to boot up. If this happens, your system will need service.

since you are on windows 7 x64 OS, try to recheck if you have installed all drivers properly.
http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?cat=Download&os=Win764&Model=H67M

also, try to check if the "blank screen at boot time" is reproducible under certain circumstances.

in my experience in using a different mobo (intel dh55tc), boot screen would freeze every time I charge my Samsung phone thru any usb port.
simple unplugging of the usb cable and reset would "fix" the problem.

Thanks for the replies.
It turns out that I was sold an outdated and flawed chipset.
When I try to install any updates it tells me I cannot update because I have a B2 chipset which was replaced with the B3 chipset during a recall which I've only just found out about.

I dont know if there's anything I can do now?..

Contact ASRock and see if they will issue an RMA and replace it under the recall. It can't hurt to try.

Back