Bios

Status
Not open for further replies.
wont boot?
have u tried reseting the bios?
can u be sure its not any of the other hardware?

Steg

Why, oh why did you have to flash the BIOS ?
athlonmp.gif

You can always try to look for a jumper on the board that's refered to as CLEARCMOS in the manual.

If the flash has really gone & you do not have a Gigabyte board ( with DualBIOS), you'll have to send the board back if it's still under warranty.

If they do not want to replace the board, try a site like this one -> www.badflash.com

& now please remember that "if it ain't broke, do not even think about fixing it".

You can always remove the CMOS battery for ~10 secs or so if you can't figure out any other way to clear it on your particular board.

Also, as Didou said, don't flash the BIOS unless the update will possibly fix some issue you have.

Some people will tell you otherwise, but flashing the BIOS is not a bodily function.

You may have killed your mainboard. Please post the make/model so we can check the details to see if it is recoverable from a bad flash. Most likely it is not.

Sounds like a bad flash to me, which means that board is as good as gone. Time to upgrade! ;)

Clearing the CMOS is your only option. It is usually a 3-pin block near the round, silver battery with a 2-pin jumper on it. If you move it over to the other pin so it looks like this [X] [X] [ ] instead of this [ ] [X] [X], then that should clear the CMOS. (Best to do this while the computer is off).

Also, you can pull the battery itself out like Storm suggested. It might be necessary to unplug the computer as well.

I made a mistake like you.

Yesterday (Feb 5, 2004) I found a big problem like you. I flashed the BIOS of Matsonic MS7102C (EEPROM No. is ASD AE29F2008-12 like yours), then it's crashed. So my computer cannot boot. It's a malfunctioned mainboard. I'm shocked.
Then today I go to electronic shop to reflash it (I have made a backup of BIOS file into a diskette before I flashed it -- It is a binary file -- *.bin file). I am learnt that my EEPROM crashed so. It is a re-shocked.
I try to find out a new one. But I cannot discover it. Then I buy a new WINBOND 29C020 which can compensate the ASD. So I can flash on a new one.

You should go to read carefully on the FAQ of www.wimsbios.com which I think it will help you more (in case of your diskette drive is still work -- my mainboard cannot boot on diskette drive!!! So I have only one way to do like this).

thanitkh@hotmail.com from Bangkok, Thailand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back