BIOSTAR mobo Problem!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

h_pavon

Hello my friends......

It's so nice to be a member of amazing forum where people kindly share their expertise and solve peoples computer problems.

I built a pc just for lan playing a couple of months ago, every once in a while when I turn it on the boot screens displays the video card model but then it reboots for 2 or 3 times displaying nothing but the video card model and sometimes the biostar logo...... someone told me I had to flash or upgrade the bios of the mobo, but I'm not sure if it will fix the problem........ please guide me on this one.

The PC has:
CPU: AMD 2400XP
Mobo: Biostar M7VIG Pro-D
Video: MSI GF4 Ti4200 64mb 8X
Ram: DDR 1gb 266

You should go through the "reseat everything" drill. Also, make sure the PSU has enough wattage for your machine.

What do you mean reset everything?......... Clear CMOS and what else?.......... the pc has a 350w power supply.

Thanx in advance!

Disconnect everything except CPU, PSU to mobo, floppy with power, have ram in (1 stick), and a videocard. Nothing more nothing less.

Then if that works, start gradually hooking up the next stick of ram, the hd, a pci card,etc,etc,etc.

thanx Agissi.....

According to your reply I only have to disconnect the HD, DVD-rom, and one stick of ram........ what kind of tests do I have to run to check that everyhting is ok.

One more thing!... all that about upgrading the BIOS is a discarded solution???

I said reseat..

You can flash the BIOS too if you want although it's a very risky business on an unstable machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back