BIOSTAR mobo Problem!!!

By h_pavon
Aug 3, 2004
  1. Hello my friends......

It's so nice to be a member of amazing forum where people kindly share their expertise and solve peoples computer problems.

I built a pc just for lan playing a couple of months ago, every once in a while when I turn it on the boot screens displays the video card model but then it reboots for 2 or 3 times displaying nothing but the video card model and sometimes the biostar logo...... someone told me I had to flash or upgrade the bios of the mobo, but I'm not sure if it will fix the problem........ please guide me on this one.

The PC has:
    CPU: AMD 2400XP
    Mobo: Biostar M7VIG Pro-D
    Video: MSI GF4 Ti4200 64mb 8X
    Ram: DDR 1gb 266
  2. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 5,837   +6

You should go through the "reseat everything" drill. Also, make sure the PSU has enough wattage for your machine.
  3. h_pavon

h_pavon TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 47

What do you mean reset everything?......... Clear CMOS and what else?.......... the pc has a 350w power supply.

Thanx in advance!
  4. ---agissi---

---agissi--- TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,977   +15

Disconnect everything except CPU, PSU to mobo, floppy with power, have ram in (1 stick), and a videocard. Nothing more nothing less.

Then if that works, start gradually hooking up the next stick of ram, the hd, a pci card,etc,etc,etc.
  5. h_pavon

h_pavon TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 47

thanx Agissi.....

According to your reply I only have to disconnect the HD, DVD-rom, and one stick of ram........ what kind of tests do I have to run to check that everyhting is ok.

One more thing!... all that about upgrading the BIOS is a discarded solution???
  6. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 5,837   +6

I said reseat..

You can flash the BIOS too if you want although it's a very risky business on an unstable machine.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.