Biostar TA790GX A3+ Audio Driver Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
So. I decided, time for a new system. Here's what I got:

Biostar TA790GX A3+ Motherboard
AMD Phenom II X3 720 Black Edition 2.8 GHz (Socket AM3)
OCZ Platinum Low Voltage DDR3 PC3 10666 2x2GB

I had some trouble getting an OS on there. I put it down to the 5 hard drives I have kicking around in there. However, I did finally get Windows 7 Ultimate x64 installed. So far so good. But try as I might, I just can't get any audio. I had managed to get XP installed earlier (and it had audio) but it was having some other issues. So, the facts:

-Windows 7 recognizes that there's a "Realtek High Definition Audio" component present on my motherboard.
-It swears up and down that there is no problem, that the driver is up to date and correct and working just fine.
-The installation CD from the motherboard will not Autorun in Windows 7 because it is old (and yet this board is AM3 supportive...)
-I have tried downloading/installing the audio driver from the Biostar website. It requires a restart. Windows restarts a few times, proclaims that there was an "Update Configuration Failure" and that it is "reverting back to previous versions" and I'm back at square one.
-I have tried updating my BIOS.

It steadfastly refuses to utter a single squeak, so I am forced to watch Will Smith destroy zombies in utter silence. All the more pity that the HD video runs flawlessly.

I'm out of options. Please, please, let it be that someone has found a solution already.

Thanks, but no cigar there. That one seems to have installed my LAN controller fine, but still no audio. I'm pottering around on the Realtek website though. Thanks for the info!

P. S. I am wondering if the sound is not working because the driver was for high definition. My speakers are definitely NOT high def audio, so I'm trying an AC '97 driver to see if that does anything at all. Thoughts, anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back