TechSpot

Bitcoin-funded debit/credit card coming in 6-8 weeks

By Shawn Knight
Aug 21, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Users of electronic cash protocol Bitcoin might soon have another way to access and spend funds. During a recent IRC chat with BitInstant co-founder Charlie Shrem, it was revealed that his company was 6-8 weeks away from launching a Bitcoin-funded……

Read more

2. howzz1854

howzz1854 TS Maniac Posts: 585   +79

I thought about mining.. but never was able to go through the process mostly due to unsure of how bitcoin will pan out in the future.

3. alredy was time.

4. Why or how does a single bitcoin even worth anything at all? I don't get it. Someone care to educate me?

5. It's fiat money that we anonymously give value while buying drugs on the silk road.

6. Oh goody, dollar wannabe. I can't wait to try bitcoin ! I heard it's so good, it's worth more than gold !

......... Onward to La-la land !

7. Bitcoins have value for the same reason Dollars have value:

Someone says it does.

8. Any currency has value because it is accepted by two parties and serves as an easy medium of exchange, as well as an external source of value (ie, it can measure the value of two goods not easily exchanged - shoes for toasters, for instance - how many toasters are shoes worth, &c.), not necessarily just because "someone says they do".

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.