TechSpot

BitTorrent Torque web app turn browser into a file-sharing hub

By Leeky
Jul 9, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. The company behind the popular torrent downloading software uTorrent has announced a new project called BitTorrent Torque, an alpha release set of tools that can be run from HTML5-compliant web browsers like Google Chrome, turning them into a fully-fledged file-sharing hub.
    ……

Read more
  2. I hate utorrent, I hate Bittorrent and I hate java. If you want to have a good, fast, downloading experience the only client to choose is Tixati.
  3. IwanWi

IwanWi TS Rookie

I can't see where the article mentions about java. Only that slow Vuze is written in Java...
  4. doradhorror

doradhorror TS Rookie Posts: 36

How do they download folders? You can't download folders all in one download in browsers unless you do the files individually or in a compressed container.
  5. mario

mario Ex-TS Developer Posts: 399   +17

Torque is like a headless torrent client, you can connect to it using Btapp.js and create any kind of torrent web application, paddleover and the OneClick chrome extension are just interfaces to the Torque client.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.