Bittorrent with wifi and lan

Status
Not open for further replies.

guana

hey guys,i got internet connection of both wifi and lan ethernet
airtel..i want to use wifi for bittorrent and lan for net
surfing and downloading from net with same laptop...is there
somwthing in bittorrent to configure or proxy..

Yes BT has ports that need to be opened in the Firewall. (see config)

However, using BT over WiFi is almost useless as it will saturate the WiFi link.
Use BT into your wired ethernet for better results. Consider:
1) WiFi lan should be encrypted to protect your privacy and stop any neighbor from using your ISP connection
2) Encryption over mass downloads will degrade performance.

but is it possible that i use my bit torrent only with lan so that my wifi only can be used for surfing internet only "not for bit torrent??

regardless of where in your network BT is running;
Code:
modem----wiredRouter ---- wiredSystems  {bt here}
               |
               + --- WiFi router   ..... WiFi connected systems {bt or here}
the impact of BT will be seen / felt by ALL systems, as there is ONE common
path to the modem thru the wiredRouter.
if you are concerned that ALL users should have access even though BT is running,
the placing BT on the WiFi link will give better service to the wired users while
other WiFi connections will be likely to stall.

WHY? BT will saturate the WiFi link and thus starve other connections.
The wired users will continue because the data rate arriving at the wiredRouter
will be far less than the normal ethernet limits.

Conversely; placing BT on the wiredRouter will starve ALL users.

Welcome to BitTorrent :)

i want to use bit torrent for wired connection with ip 192.168.1.2 and wifi for surfing internet not for bittorrent,ip is 192.168.0.4 ..can i configure a connection to internet for 1 ip or in bit torrent so that it uses this ip only...guide step by step ,m new into this settings

The settings have nothing to do with the problem -- it's the data path to your modem
that counts.
If BT rides the higher capacity wiredRouter, it will stave all connections.

That's the best I can do for you, sorry.

my wired connection is of 256 kbps and wifi with 512 ...ok can you tel me how to configure wifi for internet explorer with ip 192.168.0.2

wired connection with ip 192.168.1.2 and wifi for surfing internet not for bittorrent,ip is 192.168.0.4 ..can i configure a connection to internet for 1 ip or in bit torrent so that it uses this ip only...
With these settings, one half will have no Internet as it has a different subnet (ie the first three numbers)

First; disconnect the WiFi router from everything else and then wire it directly to
any systemA .
  • Access the configuration page in the router, using the routers address as a url, eg
  • http://192.168.0.1/
  • Enter the user/password
  • Now disable the use of DHCP
  • save the settings
Leave systemA connected to that router and take a second ethernet cable and
connect it between the WiredRouter and the WiFiRouter using only LAN ports.
(this is important; leave the WiFi router's WAN port empty)

You should soon be able to access the internet on systemA above.

Once this works correctly, you can disconnect systemA and use the WiFi connection instead :)

hum; you should be accessing your router's configuration page.
With it disconnected from everything except ONE of your systems, it should be the
default router address set by the vender.

DHCP is a Service running inside the router, it is usually not a box on the network

and 1 thing more is there any way in bit torent to assign usr name or pass or ip ..to use lan ...and then surf ie with wifi???
you are persistent! IMO, that would never work

utorrent software is best software for downloading torrents. Only you have to configure the TCP/udp ports in your broadband modem and also in the wi-fi router. thanks

to guana
I couldnt understand your problem. ok i am guessing let me know if i am wrong.

1) you have two different internet connections 256 kbs(wired) and 512kbs speed internet with (wif-fi router).

2) you want to you use bittorent with wired (ie lan card) internet connection with IP address (192.168.0.2) AND wifi internet connection (ip 192.168.1.4) for internet surfing and not for bittorent.

Are you using both the internet connections simultaneously . And you want bittorent or utorrent take data from wired internet connection only.

I dont think if it works or not you have to change the wifi routers default settings and have to block the ports tcp/UDP so that bittorent or utorrent couldnt use the wifi internet connection to download anything.

by default all routers whether wired or wifi have ip address 192.168.1.1
since you are using both wired router and wi-fi router . so you have to remove the wired from the lan so that you can access the wi-fi routers default settings. by entering the ip address 192.168.1.1.

thanks

hi, when you access the wifi routers setting there might me tcp/udp ports or port forwarding/trigerring option . there you have to block the port that is being used by bittorrent. After that you can check the bittorent with wifi internet connection.to test this use only wifi internet connection. One more suggestion use utorrent instead of bittorent.

bye

i checked my lan and wifi settings..but there was no tcp/udp settings but instead there was tcp/ip settings .so what shouldi do in my tcp/ip settings because theres no block option.also is this port forwarding /trigerring option is in u torrent???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back