Bizarre "upside down" situation with MPC on XP pro

learninmypc

No, I'm not going to stand on my head to watch the movie:) , but I downloaded MPC from the techspot download area, got it set up. Browsed to my movie & started it. I was shocked to see it playing upside down.:D . On my W7 it plays fine.
I was using Videolan but thought I'd try MPC in hopes of less border.
Do I need to turn my monitor upside down,lol(y) .

Nope, VLC works fine, I just wanted less of a border. VLC has a visible border even in full screen mode.
I tried WMP but no.
Maybe I'll dump it & re install it to see if that helps. Thanks.

Did exactly that but still no joy. I tried a different movie but no joy. Thanks for your input,back to VLC or on the web.:)

I did but I can't tell if it's upside down or inverted.
Most likely inverted though, and also most likely a codec issue.
Are you using K-lite?

It is most likely a codec issue like kitty said. Did you clean install the program like you said you would?

MPC doesn't have any codecs natively so a clean install won't help a codec issue, and it's already been tried as mentioned.

That counts as inverted, the letters are not only upside down, IE you can't simply turn your monitor upside down and enjoy proper video, it's as if you're seeing the reflection in a mirror. You could watch from a mirror though.

Take a look in the options of the codec used to play the video, sometimes there's a flip option or something like that. You could also try a reset on the options of the codec as well. Aside from that you could change codecs and see what happens.
Hope you get it sorted out, MPC is my favorite.

That counts as inverted, the letters are not only upside down, IE you can't simply turn your monitor upside down and enjoy proper video, it's as if you're seeing the reflection in a mirror. You could watch from a mirror though.
If that were phrased if the form of an image program edit command, you would have, "flip image 180 degrees horizontal.

How to cure it, not do I know....said Yoda.

MPC doesn't have any codecs natively so a clean install won't help a codec issue, and it's already been tried as mentioned.

Take a look in the options of the codec used to play the video, sometimes there's a flip option or something like that. You could also try a reset on the options of the codec as well. Aside from that you could change codecs and see what happHope you get it sorted out, MPC is my favorite.
Ok, whats the path to the codecs? I'm not going to put too much into this sine it works fine on my bigger screen W7:)Ok, I found this http://codecguide.com/faq_mpc.htm
but this
Q: How can I see which codecs and DirectShow filters MPC is using to play the my file?
A:
In the menu, click on 'Play', then on 'Filters'.

Don't work.

This thread can be closed because the previous owner now wants it back.
I'm in the process of removing my stuff from it, thanks.

He wants the computer back?
Yep, sure does. I told her a month or so ago it would be in her best interest to give it to me & buy her daughter a new W7 pc since XP Pro only had a year or so of support left. She told me she wanted the monitor & she'd buy her a new pc.
Now I'm hearing different.
Aint life grand. lol.

Yep, sure does. I told her a month or so ago it would be in her best interest to give it to me & buy her daughter a new W7 pc since XP Pro only had a year or so of support left. She told me she wanted the monitor & she'd buy her a new pc.
Now I'm hearing different.
Aint life grand. lol.
Wow that stinks haha.

Shouldn't you leave the backwards video player in then? You know, as a subtle reminder the machine is going "backwards"? :D
I wish I would of seen this before I removed it.
JC713, yes,it totally sucks. This pc is one of the reasons I never liked google chrome. They believe there is no better browser than GC. I say Firefox is better. Anyhow, GC don't have a video download program I know of easy enough to use for youtube vids & the previous user downloads them BIG time.
I've installed Firefox & Google Chrome in hopes she'll use FF.
Back to the fun,l8r.:)

Back