Bizarre zooming in/out situation

learninmypc

Using Firefox & going to https://www.google.com/maps , I click on the lower left corner box enabling satellite view & then in the top left drop down thing I click traffic to see what it looks like. Ok, so far fine. NOPE. When I zoom in or out, it looks like this
Google maps.JPG
Now if you know the Pacific Northwest, you know the freeway systen does NOT look like that. When I use the mouse wheel to zoom in or out, the ground stays put, just the road sysyem goes crazy. This just recently happened & now that I think of it, could it be because I reset firefox? TIA. This is on my W7 & everything is recently updated.

Almost the same area in Google Chrome
Google maps.JPG
So does anybody have any ideas as to why its happening? The roads/streets will zoom in & out while the rest stays put. :confused:

Ok, I just duplicated it but WITH OUT the satelite & its normal regardless of zooming in or out. Still very confusing. Just updated my Shockwave thing.
PUGET SOUND.JPG

No, ONLY when I DON'T use the satellite view it zooms in & out fine. Using satellite view its the same. Odd.

@mailpup, for what its worth, it works fine using SeaMonkey which is in the firefox family.
It aso works normal in Firefox on my Vista. Just confused & wondering if its worth UNinstalling it completely?:confused:

I suppose there could be something wrong with your current Firefox installation and if you have a problem with this, there could be other problems that you might find later. Why not try uninstalling it and trying a fresh reinstall?

Ok, I uninstalled it, emptied the recycling bin, rebooted & did a search for Firefox & it found
Firefox search.JPG
did a search & it found the above . 196 altogether. I then went to Computer>Programs files (x86) & found a folder there related to Firefox & deleted & deleted it from the recycling bin & re did the search & still found the same files.
Is firefox gone or ???

I haven't uninstalled my Firefox for ages so I don't remember how it went but I think you can uninstall it but save your profile files. Some of those files might be related to that. You could try using Ccleaner to help get rid of leftovers but reinstalling Firefox should overwrite any important Firefox files.

I haven't uninstalled my Firefox for ages so I don't remember how it went but I think you can uninstall it but save your profile files. Some of those files might be related to that. You could try using Ccleaner to help get rid of leftovers but reinstalling Firefox should overwrite any important Firefox files.
Ok, I'm confused., if my "profiles files" could be related to the problem, why should they be kept? I thought a clean install meant like new. Now I realize you know more than me, but it does sound confusing. :) In other words, there was no change after the uninstall/reinstall.

If you see a Firefox folder, remove it before installing again. Other than that, I wouldn't attempt removing anything else.

If you see a Firefox folder, remove it before installing again. Other than that, I wouldn't attempt removing anything else.
Ok, I just went to Computer>Program Files (x86) & deleted the firefox & Maintenance folder folders ,deleted them from the recycling bin & reinstalled firefox & still no change so I'm giving up on it. All my other browsers work normal on the zooming in satellite on my vista too so the hell with it. Thank you & @mailpup for your help & patience :)

Ok, I'm confused., if my "profiles files" could be related to the problem, why should they be kept? I thought a clean install meant like new. Now I realize you know more than me, but it does sound confusing. :) In other words, there was no change after the uninstall/reinstall.
I wasn't trying to say that your profile files were a problem but since you were deleting miscellaneous Firefox files after the uninstall, I was just commenting that they might be those profile files.

Although you are giving up for now, you might want to post your issue with Mozilla. If it's a problem with Firefox, they might not know about it and maybe they can fix it with a future update.

Ok, that is why I used the word "could" & not are or is.
In reporting this to firefox, should I include the link to this thread so I won't have to re tell the process or what? Thank you :)

I would explain it to them as if it were the first time. Include all relevant details without linking to other websites like TechSpot.

Although I never did report it to firefox or ask in their forum, its working normal & hopefully fixed. Even if it messes up later, I don't think I'll update this thread further. Thanks to all those that helped, it is appreciated. :)

Back