Black Friday barebone kits vs. Newegg custom build

bbooska

I'm back again.

Due to some scheduling issues and an unexpected issue with my car, I was forced to put my gaming rig build on hold.

Now the time has come to put one together, but I'm starting to look around, and I'm wondering if it's just as good to buy one from the store. I mean Best Buy, and Walmart, and even Target are having some huge sales for Black Friday. and if New egg is still the way to go. Could I get an updated build? Half the parts on the old build are sold out or unavailable.

Requirements:

- Quad core preferred -
- AMD build -
- Good GPU -

Please include a case and if needed extra cooling devices.

Price Range

$700-800

Windows 7 will be used. If that could be incorporated in the price, great. If not I will make due.

Thanks

-Brandon

Thanks again :)

Lets say I don't plan to overclock the heck out of my processor, and I'm really not concerned with having 12 USB ports, and I really don't plan to have more than one graphics card, would dropping the price of the Mobo really affect its performance? I feel like the more expensive boards have a lot of add ons I don't believe I'll ever use. Maybe I'm wrong? Just curious.

Secondly, would dropping the GPU down to roughly 150$ make a huge difference? Or would one around that price still carry its own weight in salt.

any advice helps. Thanks :)

You haven't specifically mentioned what you want this computer to do; I'm assuming that you're looking at a gaming rig here.

If you want USB 3.0 and Sata 6 GB/s, then the cheapest you're going to get is really the GIGABYTE GA-870A-UD3 AM3 AMD 870 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard or the ASUS one I mentioned above, they're both around $100.
Else, the ASRock 870iCafe AMD 870 SATA 6Gb/s ATX AMD Motherboard has Sata 6GB/s only, but costs a bit less. I can't say I know weather you will want USB 3.0 or not; personally, I would, but that's just me.

AMD Athlon II X4 640 Propus 3.0GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM3 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor ADX640WFGMBOX
Should shave some bucks.

Also there are plenty of cheaper cases too, and they're not half bad; mostly just a cosmetic change.
Secondly, would dropping the GPU down to roughly 150$ make a huge difference? Or would one around that price still carry its own weight in salt.
You get what you pay for.
At $150, you're looking at a GTX 460 768 or GTX 460 SE, not nearly as quick, but not a "huge" difference.

I just looked on your last thread, and apparently I posted nearly the exact same build.

I have no Idea what USB 3.0 honestly. So i'm really not sure if it's something i need or not

0.0 lol

*EDIT

Sorry, my computer will be used for gaming. medium-heavy gaming

Okay... finally got all the money together

900$

Thats including shipping and an OS

Now some of the items are expired...

can I get an update on the build?

Sorry ><

I haven't seen any USB 3 peripherals yet. I have just built a new rig myself with USB 3 and a phenom II X6 CPU. Supposedly they are coming out. I do know some USB 3 flash drives have just been released very recently but they're expensive.

Back