Black monitor

Hello hopefully someone can help me...Every time I try to play a video game on my computer or restart the monitor goes black. My computer is still on and the only way it seems to get the screen back is to keep turning the monitor off and on until it stays on. I've updated my drivers, changed my power settings but neither worked. This doesn't happen any other time I can go online, play the games that came with the computer but I've missed playing my disc games and nothing I do seems to work for me...any ideas???

Hello hopefully someone can help me...Every time I try to play a video game on my computer or restart the monitor goes black. My computer is still on and the only way it seems to get the screen back is to keep turning the monitor off and on until it stays on. I've updated my drivers, changed my power settings but neither worked. This doesn't happen any other time I can go online, play the games that came with the computer but I've missed playing my disc games and nothing I do seems to work for me...any ideas???

Try adding a bit more info to your post here is a Guide to making a good Post/Thread

I'll guess and offer that you could have the monitor power saving set incorrectly.

Have you enabled this?
Right Click your mouse from the Desk top ==>Properties==>Display Properties==>Screen Saver==>Power==>Power Schemes==>Settings for Always On Power Scheme==> from the drop down boxes set all menus to "Never" power off?

Yes I did change my power settings to never off awhile ago. It worked at the time but now back to same old problem. Also tried starting in safe mode...no luck with that either.

Back