Black Ops gets fourth, all zombie map pack 'Rezurrection'

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Call of Duty: Black Ops fans have yet another map pack to look forward to before Modern Warfare 3 launches later this year. Called ‘Rezurrection’, Activision says this DLC is different than the previous three releases as there are no dedicated multiplayer maps but rather only zombie maps.

Black Ops map packs have traditionally featured four new regular multiplayer map packs and only a single zombie map. ‘Rezurrection’ will feature five zombie maps and almost all of these new maps are remakes of maps from Call of Duty: World at War. Only one all-new map is being released, called Moon.

Furthermore, those that bought the Hardened or Prestige editions of Black Ops already have the four World at War maps. A new zombie soundtrack and a Moon Xbox 360 theme will also accompany the 360 release.

call duty black ops rezurrection zombie call of duty treyarch map pack

Currently there are five zombie maps available for standard Black Ops owners: Five, Kino der Toten, Ascension, Call of the Dead and Shangri-La. The last three were bundled with previous map packs First Strike, Escalation and Annihilation, respectively.

The new map pack is scheduled for release exclusively on Xbox 360 on August 23 and for PS3 and PC sometime in September. The Xbox DLC will sell for the usual 1200 Microsoft points ($15) but is available free of charge to Hardened and Prestige edition owners.

Modern Warfare 3 is the next title release in the Call of Duty series and is due November 8.

Permalink to story.

This just in, 18 maps are worth as much as the game!

More at eleven, how giving Activision ~$100 dollars per game is killing the videogames.

I cannot believe this game was such a big hit, i'm even more shocked that people actually buy the map packs... It almost sickens me.

F-irst Strike
E-scalation
A-nnihilation
R-ezurrection

Ummm... Interesting!

So I get to go to the moon to kill zombies... cool wait why am I on the moon?? hang on beter question how the **** did the infinate zombies get on the bloody MOON!!! WTF

I love this game. Just think of the map packs as an installment plan for one of the best games ever made.

Although I'm not a fan of having to pay $65 for the game and the additional $15 a piece per map pack (which I own all of them because it gives me something to do), but I'm digging the all Zombie map pack idea. Zombies is a fun game and again, I'm with all of you and think its ridiculous to pay for add-ons that should be free, but still digging it, lol. And as for the question of how Zombies getting on the moon doesn't make any sense to me either, especially the infinite amount part.

Wait, It's Situated on the Moon. Theres a lack of oxygen on the Moon and before you all say "But they'll be on the space station" I Looked at screenshots on the Blacks Ops Facebook Page and there are bits of the map which are outside the space station. And Releasin the Old maps? Just Go on WaW

lawfer said:
Guest said:
I love this game. Just think of the map packs as an installment plan for one of the best games ever made.

I feel sad for you, sir.
yeah me too. Played through 1 hour of the campaign at my friend's house and i decided i would never buy a COD game. EVER.

Game is amazing don't diss although activision r sucking money out of us there still extraudanery maps to play multiplayer is crap ZOMBIES FTW!!!!!!!

Zombies is a hell of a good way to kill time and release stress. I'm not sure why people complain about $15, I mean seriously, I can get at least a good 20 hours out of a zombie map, where as I get maybe 2 hours of enjoyment eating two subs at subway. There is dumber **** to spend $15 on and zombies is worth the price tag.

Zombies getting on the moon fattwinkie is part of the zombies story, which you really have to 'know; to understand, its a very deep plot, I believe the moon part comes from the ascension map, where the rockets where going to the moon for element 115 and so this map follow, its not in the right order, but, five was ment to be happening at the same time as ascension, so order of release does not matter, we know that because there are red phones in ascension that when you activate, you can hear live, the characters from five talking about being attacked by masses of zombies. I hopw I cleared that for you and everyone. :)

Does anyone know if the "remake" versions of the WAW zombie maps will be different in any way? For example it would be nice if a modified Nacht Der Untoten were to allow you to go outside (maybe to the crashed bomber?) and maybe being able to buy at least Juggernog and Speed Cola would be great.

I think they're just makin the maps again/the same in cod 5 so people can buy the zombie maps without buyin waw

Guest said:
I think they're just makin the maps again/the same in cod 5 so people can buy the zombie maps without buyin waw
No, they are doing it the same because it requires zero creative thought, it will be quick, cheap and most unfortunately, the moms of 13 year old boys will actually pay for it.

quit bein bitches yea they make mad bread off of us but atleast they give us sum amazing games so our money is being put to good use and im glad they finally came out with an all zombie map pack

"yeah me too. Played through 1 hour of the campaign at my friend's house and i decided i would never buy a CoD game. EVER."

Wow, one hour? I wish I could decide to never try a franchise again EVER again that quickly. What part of the campaign did you try? Did your friend just drop you into some random part? Are you just part of the "I hate CoD because it's cool" fan group?

I thought the campaign was a pretty good blockbuster style story. Of course it will never be seen as great because of how stupidly popular the series is now. Rent it and give the campaign an actual go through, maybe you'll have fun.

The multiplayer, on the other hand, is pretty basic. While fun, I don't understand the popularity of it. Then again, most of the voices I hear on there are frat boys or children so maybe that explains it a little bit.

Zombies is fun too, although they didn't change much (or anything at all) from WaW.

I have an idea... How about they just make one great zombie "game" They obviously SUCK at multiplayer. Concentrate on an actual full blown zombie game.

"yeah me too. Played through 1 hour of the campaign at my friend's house and i decided i would never buy a CoD game. EVER."

Wow, one hour? I wish I could decide to never try a franchise again EVER again that quickly. What part of the campaign did you try? Did your friend just drop you into some random part? Are you just part of the "I hate CoD because it's cool" fan group?

I thought the campaign was a pretty good blockbuster style story. Of course it will never be seen as great because of how stupidly popular the series is now. Rent it and give the campaign an actual go through, maybe you'll have fun.

The multiplayer, on the other hand, is pretty basic. While fun, I don't understand the popularity of it. Then again, most of the voices I hear on there are frat boys or children so maybe that explains it a little bit.

Zombies is fun too, although they didn't change much (or anything at all) from WaW.
There were alot of generic characters, but the russian guy was pretty cool; all of them had pretty good voice acting. The story wasn't bad from what i had been through, but it wasn't compelling enough. Then combine that with bad level design, generic gameplay, and less than average graphics. Everyone talks about how the gameplay never changes and that really gives me no incentive to play the game. I've played some of the previous installments(WAW, MW1), and i felt like they were passable. But the series seems to be getting worse as it progresses.

I find that for 90% of games, if you aren't enjoying it within the first hour, you won't like it.

THIS... IS... AWESOME!!! Finally, an all Zombies map pack. The only thing I'm pissed about is that 2 weeks ago I went out and traded my standard copy of Black Ops in and payed an extra $100 with my trade value and bought an unsold Prestige Edition of Black Ops just to get the original Zombies maps for it. Now I find out I could've just waited another month and paid only $15 to get the original maps and had money to put towards another game! Oh well... Good news is I get the 'Rezurection' map pack for free. Go waisting money... :(....

Why is it, Call of Duty used to be a very historically accurate WWII shooter. Back then it was ground breaking, Graphics, action, everything about it made it the best WWII Shooter ever made.

Now when this stupid developer came in (Treyarch) Zombies appears to the main multiplayer game? The gamplay hasn't really changed at all and the graphics haven't been increased since Modern Warfare and the level design has only gotten worse and worse.

I'm truly, and utterly shocked as to how many people play this game, Hell one of my friends religously plays it and will stand up for it to no end. After speaking to him, the reason he plays the game so much is because, well its easy to understand, apparently is is completely unable to grasp TF2 or Battlefield: Bad Company 2??

So either is is completely stupid or these games have a massive learning curve.
And to be honest, I think its the former option.

Back