Black Ops II accidentally shipped with Mass Effect 2 disc

By Matthew
Nov 13, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. If you plan to pick up Call of Duty: Black Ops II this week, you may want to rely on a digital service rather than a retail store. According to many users on Steam, Reddit, the Call of Duty forums...

Read more
  2. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,881   +351

*applauds packagers*

hey, they paid for what they thought was a good game, now they are getting an actual good game!
  3. Lionvibez

Lionvibez TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 552   +79

Haha so true I would take mass effect over Call of replay any time!
  4. mccartercar

mccartercar TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 111   +15

Im unsure on the matter, but is it not against Steam's TOS to do as advised and buy and register keys from foreign countries?
  5. Ahmed90

Ahmed90 TechSpot Member Posts: 96   +9

thy cant do anything about it specially in EU since its already legalized by thy law reselling such products are allowed

//ontopic Russian and Polish versions have the English option on steam but steam don't download the English language files

""Could not load default asset ?fonts/720/consolefont? for asset type ?font? - this issue appears to be related to users in Russia and Poland running their clients in English. Setting the game back to the correct language appears to resolve the issue.""
    http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3001693

so be careful wait for a fix before you buy
  6. ---agissi---

---agissi--- TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,383   +15

Also if your buying the game on a Russian VPN whats to stop them from sniffing all your data (Just as they will hello) and taking your key along with it. I dont use steam so Im unfamiliar with the process but if the key is sent through the VPN they have a copy of it, encrypted or not. Maybe thats why the website is called CDKeysHere?
  7. Ahmed90

russian keys are allover the place you can use any VPN you like or anyway to get russian/ukrainian IP even if you gave your account info to a friend who live there its not an issue at all the key will be registered to your steam account and email so it is safe from CDkeyhere or any CD keys seller
  8. ---agissi---

---agissi--- TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,383   +15

Hum interesting.. I wonder why their games are $30 such as in this case whereas ours are $60.
  9. This....this takes the cake of today's tech news.

"Buy one overrated game and get another overrated game inside!"
    avoidz likes this.
  10. TS-56336

TS-56336 TechSpot Booster Posts: 571   +98

So what? I'm safe. Not a big fan of Black-Ops anyway..
  11. avoidz

avoidz TechSpot Maniac Posts: 454   +54

Glad I changed from being a regular gamer to just an observer of gaming.
    Per Hansson and Gareis like this.

12. Gareis

Gareis TechSpot Member Posts: 73   +14

So, would you say that you "avoidz" games? :D
  13. Sniped_Ash

Sniped_Ash Newcomer, in training Posts: 123   +34

That's probably the most they can charge before piracy becomes the more attractive option.
  14. Ahmed90

as far as I know its because of some Russian law that sell at cheap prices that is affordable for our people or get out of our market
    and its not 30$ the price even before release was as low as 20$ and some suppliers can go all the way to 14$
  15. Someone is getting fired over this.
  16. treetops

treetops TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,658   +57

I feel sorry for people who bought this at gamestop, those people suck at refunds.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.