Black screen after sleep mode ... really praying I didn't break PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skycptn

Hello everyone:

My new PC, which I built about 8 months ago, has been running great, until a few days ago. When I use the sleep mode, it starts back up with a totally black screen. I have no idea why. I did reseat the heatsink (moved the fans in the right direction) and remove the GPU and some cables to do this a few ago, so I'm thinking it might be related.

Maybe I need to recheck all cables and connections?

I had to to a hard shutdown after the black screen, but when it reboots and the four particles start to come together on the W7 startup screen, it goes black again with a blinking cursor in the top right corner. OMG is my system broken?

I should say that since I made these hardware changes, before I slept it, my system has been working just great -- gaming, etc. All no problem. So I'm thinking it's something to do with sleep mode and W7 (maybe a BIOS setting I need to change?)

In the meanwhile, after a few hard starts, I get a message over the black screen that I can't remember what it says. It gives me two options, and if I choose the first it nothing happens, when I choose the second it goes through the motions and boots up okay.

I am really hoping it's not my Antec 750 PSU (don't think it is).

THANKS EVERYONE !!!

Lian Li case, W7 64-bit, ASUS P7P55D-PRO, i5-750 OC 3.5 ghz, Noctura heatsink, Radeon 5870, Antec 750 PSU, DDR3 1600 mhz.

Yes, by all means check your cable connections. Make sure they are secure on both ends.

Can you tell us what the two options say? At this point I doubt it is your Antec.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back