TechSpot

Black screen after trying to install new video card

1. ok so i have a Systemax Venture S519J RTS PC

with:
    Mid-Tower ATX Chassis w/350W PS P4M800 Pro Motherboard
    Intel Pentium 4 Processor 524 3.06GHz/533FSB/1MB Cache
    and 1.43 GB Ram
    and a 350W battery

im trying to instal a Radeon HD 3650 AGP graphics card and i should have all the system requirements for it

ive disabled the other display adapter (VIA/SG3 Unichrome Pro IGP) in the device manager

but when i put in the new graphics card and try to start up the computer, the screen remains black on the moniter. the computer sounds like its running fine and i can even hear the windows startup logo through the speakers its just the screen is black straight from startup. When i take the graphics card out, the computer runs normally and the moniter is no longer black.

i think what needs to be done is disabling/enabling something in BIOS, but the BIOS screen is confusing and so i havnt done anything with it. i tried looking for some integrated graphics option thingy but couldnt find anything that even remotely looked like it.

and help?
  2. NerevarineVivec

NerevarineVivec TS Rookie Topic Starter

ah nvm, solved it myself.

needed to put the moniter plug through the AGP video card instead of through the motherboard.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.