TechSpot

Black screen after video driver cleaning

By bolemad
Apr 19, 2009
  1. Hi,
    After uninstalling and cleaning with the driver cleaner pro the drivers for my new ATI Sapphire HD 3650 AGP graphics card I restarted the PC only to get a black screen after the windows xp splash screen. I used the card for about a day, but had a problem with freezeing and decided to install older drivers. Now here's the problem. I can not boot in normal, safe, agp or any other mode. I tried it all a couple of time but still get the black screen. I have tried with the windows cd, and tried to repair, reinstall, format and reinstall my Windows xp but again with the same result. I have changed the card for my old one but still the same problem. Since everything was fine (except for freezing) for about a day I assume that it is not a hardware problem.
    I would use some help right about now.
    Thank you.

2. haterjake

haterjake TS Rookie

i'm having a similar problem with windows vista, try removing the graphix card, doing a fresh run without it, then restarting with it in, should detect new hardwear and, may solve ur problem... maybe :\

3. bolemad

bolemad TS Rookie Topic Starter

solved

Thank you. I dont know if it was the restarting the pc without any video card in it or something I did in BIOS but it seems to work fine now. Cheers

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.