Black screen, but comp is still running... please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had recently been having problems with my laptop where a blue screen kept poping up and I wasn't really able to do anything. I fixed it and the laptop was working fine for about 3 weeks, and now It's really messed up this time.

I have an Acer with Vista Home Premium installed on it. I also have read that there is a lot of other people out there having the same problem.

I'm pretty sure when I was getting the blue screen it was because of a bad driver that got installed. I tried to install a program last night and the screen just went black and a blue screen appeared really fast and then it restarted.

It gave me the options of safe mode and starting windows normally, so I picked for it to start normally. The Acer main boot screen came on and then the Vista loading bar appeared. After the loading bar was done the screen goes black as if the computer was shut down and then the screen comes back on(Still black), but with the cursor. You can move the cursor around and after a while the screen saver will come on. I know everything is running fine, but the screen just stays blank.

I can't get into safe mode either. It shows as if I am going to be able to, but then the screen still stays black. I can get into the bios and I can get to the repair section after pressing F8, but it won't let me do a system restore either. I did a memory scan and it says the computer is fine. I'm not exactly sure what's going on with it or how to fix it...can someone please help me?

Thanks.

this was a similar issue for me while i was using ultimate. does it work if you log in and press crtl+alt+del and start the explorer.exe task manually

I can't even get to the login screen. The screen goes black after the loading bar and then just stays that way. Theres not really much I can do other then the repair mode, which doesn't do much either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back