Black screen monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich88

I just built a computer and im trying to get into bios to set it up and the monitor will not respond to the new computer...AMD anthlon 64 3500+
epox sli motherboard....leadtek geforce 7300 256mb turbocache...512mb ddr
everything seems to be running all fans and lights are on..please help!!!

Rich88 said:
I just built a computer and im trying to get into bios to set it up and the monitor will not respond to the new computer...AMD anthlon 64 3500+
epox sli motherboard....leadtek geforce 7300 256mb turbocache...512mb ddr
everything seems to be running all fans and lights are on..please help!!!

Assuming you know the monitor to be working, then this is a classic misbuild, it's time to go back to the beginning and work thorugh the build, chances are you have missed something out, or your BIOS is misconfigured.

Check that you have everything seated correctly and that all plugs are secure, try removing all items from the Mobo such as network cards etc until you have a bare system, this means unplugging all IDE devices (these can cause a POST fail) once you are down to a barebones system try booting up,

I think there is a method of holding down the INSERT or DELETE key during the POST, this can force the BIOS to load defaults.

If this still doesn't work try replacing the memory/ changing the slot and trying again and also try replacing the video card of it still fails.

If it still dont work then it may be a faulty Mobo or CPU,

If it boots at any time then add the devices one at a time until you find what causes the boot fail.

i went to check another monitor and it worked but now when in setup the ide cables will not detect drives....when the ide cables are unhooked the drives will come one but when you hook the ide cable up to it, it turns off....weird

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back