TechSpot

Black screen when playing a game.

By Viper266
Jun 1, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Hey guys I have seen a few post about stuff like this but they didn't have what I have going on. So a few weeks ago I'm playing World of Tanks and it was working fine for hours then I go to play Counter strike for a few hours nothing happen everything worked fine. Well when I got around to Dragon age I always fun in windows mode. I clicked the internet to look something up but then when I clicked back into Dragon age it gave me a black screen and a screen saver came up saying (Not Opitimum Mode- Recommended Mode 1280x1024 60Hz ?) I never seen this ever. So I took my friends monitor and hooked it up to mine and everything came up the game and all. But when I hook mine back up it goes back to this screen. People told me it's my video card but how could it be that if switching screens worked? Now I didn't use the screen long just a few minutes but I'm going crazy with out my GAMES :'(

2. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 6,975   +908

What are your system specs?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.