Black screen with multiple video playback

By Aetherynn
May 30, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Hey guys, I have been trying to figure out this problem but with no avail, so any advice is greaty appreciated! Basically the problem occurs when running any type of game(wow and ffxi to name a few but occurs with everyone) and then tab out to wither youtube fraps and the like, the screen goes totally black and I must restart the computer. Ive wiped the HD several times and have redone even to the most basic setup and it still occurs.

Specs are as follows
    Motherboard: Asus maximus v extreme
    Intel i7 3770k
    16gb Corsair Vengeance 1866
    250gb SSD
    850w PSU
    2x ASUS Radeon HD7850 2gb

Ive made sure all drivers are up to date. I have run memtest on both sticks of ram and they seem to pass with no errors, when only 1 video card is plugged in I have no problems it seems to have something to do when they are crossfired, I ve tried 3 different bridges and still same result.
  2. Viper266

Viper266 Newcomer, in training

Sounds like we have the same thing going on. Does your screen have any windows poop up? mine does.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.