Black screen

OTreasaigh

[[Thanks for the move to the right Section.]]

Alright I wasn't sure where to put this, I'm having two issues.

The first is I use a Program named TeamViewer, My webcam will be on and everything will be working fine, and then it'll shut down, It's hooked back up and cam wont come back on, it says it's in use by another application, but it's not, I've searched and disabled and re-enabled and it all says the same thing, I've even tried to turn it on with other applications and it won't work.

The second issue is that at times when it's not coming on my Desktop Screen will go completely black and all I'll see is a flickering mouse icon, sometimes I'll get it back on and my Screen Resolution will be way smaller than usual and I can fix that back, but sometimes I need to reboot.

Most of the time those two issues happen in or around the same time.

I'm using a Dell Ispiron N5050.

I've had it less than a month.

I've looked into the Dell Support Center and I see something in System History, it's says Application Error.

Fault bucket , type 0
Event Name: APPCRASH
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: StageRemoteService.exe
P2: 1.0.0.43
P3: 4e0a76a4
P4: StageRemoteService.exe
P5: 1.0.0.43
P6: 4e0a76a4
P7: c0000005
P8: 00001523
P9:
P10:

Then it goes into Attached Files in AppData Local Temp Folder.

WERABSE.tmp.appcompat.txt
WERD414.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
WERD424.tmp.hdmp
WERDAAB.tmp.mdmp

Analysis symbol:
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Status: 6

Application Error

Faulting application name StageRemoteService.exe, version 1.9.9.43, time stamp 0x4e0a76a4
Faulting module name: StageRemoteService.exe, version 1.9.9.43, time stamp 0x4e0a76a4
Exception code:0x00001523
Faulting process id: 0xecc
Faulting application start time: 0x01cdb3bebc2050cd
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell\Stage Remote\StageRemoteService.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell\Stage Remote\StageRemoteService.exe

I may have missed something as I was typing it out. Let me know if this helps any.

Edit:

I've ran all the scans I can with my AntiVirus, the Dell Support stuff and I installed System Mechanic and ran everything with that, cleared tons of junk off, and it's still not working, at one point it cut the net off when it went off too, but I think that was just messing up, came back once I restarted.

Some more info I guess, after about a week of using the computer I got Blue Screened, I restored to a previous version, when I noticed all this going on, first instinct was to Restore, but, all my Previous Saved Restores were all gone, and it wouldn't save any new restores, I changed the settings, rebooted and was able to save a restore, albeit, I don't want that restore because to me the computer might still be effed up, I'd edit my post again but it wouldn't let me, so here's some more info.

Really Nothing so far...Well update, it would seem the Screen Resolution goes very small after the webcam seems to freeze and stops working, just happened, and then everything goes black a moment later, and it's hell trying to get it to work.

It is, and McAfee.

Tried to get through to Dell Support, putting me off till next week.

Computers gonna be a pile of Junk by then.

I'm starting to think it's something to do with the graphics card, as it happens more often if I'm watching something on youtube, or another video or a game.

Alright, I pulled a Restore to Factory, so if it still happens I'll try your advice and thank you very much Magic, for your quick replies and helpful insight. I appreciate it.

Luckily I'd only had the computer a month so I didn't have much I needed to save.

D. Ó Treasigh, Over and Out.

Looks like that "Dell Stage" pre-bundled software causing problems. I have a new Dell laptop and had some problems with the included software from day one (the DataSafe always crashed). I just avoided using it but everything else works fine.

Back