Black screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

maddy smith

Hello,
I got a cidaemon.exe error yesterday and today the screen just went black and an error saying something about a blue screen appeared. So I ended up restarting manually 2-3 times and once it restarted on its own.(running windows 7 ultimate)
Are they related? any solution?
Thanks in advance.
EDIT:I put in a W7 disk asked it repair the ' memory diagnostics' and 'startup problems'. No use.
EDIT:I tried chkdsk/r, but while it was running the black screen came up. I may have to restart manually.

Last edited:
My post a has been moved from the 'blue screen in 2nd week' post.
My screen is black but the problem it shows in the error message is named 'blue screen'.

This is message(and its details) I got the first time the prob occurred.
UPDATES 1)Sometimes the screen just goes blank and is not restarting.
2)I tried pressing something in the keyboard and realized it's got no power when the screen goes blank. The mouse has its light on.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 116
BCP1: 85BCD510
BCP2: 90D8D75C
BCP3: C000000D
BCP4: 00000003
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\010214-24960-01.dmp
C:\Users\mgs\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-58734-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

The system goes blank and 2-3 seconds later it restarts on its own.(not manually any longer).
Also while booting up usually there were two beeps and now there are three beeps clearly.

Last edited:
Go to C:\windows\minidump. Minidump files have a .dmp extension. Select all the .dmp files. Right-click sending the files to a compressed(zipped)folder. Upload that folder as a file here. What is the computers make and model?

I3 530@2.93GHz, 34-bit, 2GB, W7 Ultimate.
UPDATE:I tried doing chkdsk /r..it goes upto 80% and the screen goes blank but does not restart.so I just left it for and after 20-25 mins it restarted. hopefully it finished.
UPDATE:The drive in which the OS is presrnt is showing different numbers. Sometimes its 2-3GB free and sometimes it falls down to 500-600mb free even though no changes have been made. Also there are no restore points at all.

Attachments

• 010214-22620-01.zip
    240.3 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Your Nvidia video driver or video card is causing this trouble. Are you running and on-board video or do you have a video card installed?

No no..only on board video card and 1 GB graphic card...
I tried looking up in the event viewer. there are so many critical messages.
unexpected shutdown, adfs, simple network something, dll in being loaded with every file etc etc.:(
Also my OS is not genuine..!

Last edited:
Keeping the piracy issue aside, I think the problem has been more or less solved. I did the folowing.

1)I used speedy PC pro which I think removed the cidaemon.exe error.
2)Then I did the chksdk /f/r thing.
3)Finally I removed the video card and cleaned it.(it looked as if it had just rolled in the mud)
4)Sorry to piss off techspot experts with the my-os-is-not-genuine thing.
The restarting/BSOD problem has stopped.

I say the first thing we can do is spend 15 minutes on cleaning the video card and fan and whole of inside CAREFULLY. It helps.
-Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back