Black & White 2 Loading Error...Help?

By TDawg
Jan 31, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I was playing black and white 2 for about a day and a half, on version 1.0 then when I went to load my game up the next time I got to main select screen, clicked on load and then I got a windows error saying whatever it says (where u can report the problem to windows) well I tried to load it up a couple more times after restarts and so on but no luck. So I installed 1.1, played about the same amount of time, except after every time i quit the game. I got an error that said something about the memory could not be read I believe. But it still played the game ok (although it seemed a bit laggy unusually, maybe that had something to do with the memory error) but then I loaded up my game 1 time, it got to the actual gameplay, I heard music for a second then BAM it exits out, and goes back to windows, tried it multiple times, and reinstalls but no go. Then I asked for my cousin's 1.0 game save. He gave it to me, he played it on low settings 640x480 and it worked so, I loaded up my original 1.0 save and ran it on low settings, it worked. Figured I give it a go on 1.1, turned it on low settings and loaded up my game save that I backed up, and BAM back to windows...I've never had a problem with a game like this before. btw I ran this game on my athlon 64 2800+ 1.5 gigs of ram, and 6600 gt on 1600x1050 resolution, everything on max and it worked pretty good when the game did run...anything I can do to be able to play my 1.1 again?
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.