BlackBerry Bold 9900/9930 hands-on impressions

I just hope the keys are a better quality then the last generation Bold. Both my mother and I have the 9650 (for less than a year, mind) and both of us are having problems with the paint coming off the keys. It looks atrocious and, in the case of my mom's which is much worse, makes some of the alt functions impossible to tell at a glance.

I want Blackberries to be awesome, I really do, but I'm so frustrated with my current one than I'm hesitant to give them a second chance.

My two cents.

Yeah my girlfriend has the exact same bold and has the same issue with the paint. It is frustrating when trying to use the alt function!

I personally couldn't care less and even hope that RIM go bust as I hate supporting BES Xpress Servers and I hate using a blackberry, just isn't very nice to use and i don't understand why I don't have to reboot my iPhone for half a year at a time yet my Girlfirends Blackberry crashes every few days? Its fully updated to OS6 etc...

Also isn't a 2.6inch screen a bit pointless to be touch sensitive? I mean, it has the touch pad to navigate so whats the point in the touch?

*shudders* "supporting BES" Better off just migrating to exchange and getting an android

I have to use BB at work and I hate it! RIM can not die fast enough, there are so many better devices out there.

Guest said:
I have to use BB at work and I hate it! RIM can not die fast enough, there are so many better devices out there.
I hear ya, luckily ( just this year ) the company I work for has given us the option for a few pretty decent Android phones. They've also offered to pay for iPhone service, but you have to buy the phone.

Sorry, can I have iPhone5 instead please. What BB got what iPhone4 already have it? Plus more!!! ...and iPhone5 next month!!!
I admit BB Bold looks better than iPhone but functionality is light years behind already. Come BB...the word which you look for is called an EFFORT.

This blackberry looks like a big improvement. I had the opportunity to play with one yesterday at the Verizon store. For those of you that like to complain about blackberry please remember that their phones have always been designed for the business user first and foremost. Is it behind the android phones and the iPhone for entertainment and games? No argument here.

I had to recently return a 4G android phone because it couldn't provide basic phone features that are essential for the business user. There was poor call quality, dropped calls and the voice dial was a joke! Yes I tried exchanging the phone and had the same problems. Since then I've been using my old BB Tour. BlackBerry phones are not designed for entertainment!

It is time Blackberry stop the bullshit and fix the problems with their devices:
1) Support Adobe Flash. If the useless Playbook can support it, then so should the 9930
2) Have the autofocus on the camera like before
3) Supply a battery that can handle the day's work
4) Correct the paint peeling off the trackpad

Back