BlackBerry launch event in Indonesia turns violent

By Shawn Knight
Nov 25, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. A scheduled smartphone launch event in Indonesia has turned ugly and resulted in coordinators canceling the event early. Thousands of people showed up to get their hands on the latest…

Read the whole story
  2. All of that for a smartphone. I don't own a smartphone (nor tablet) and rarely carry around a dumb cell phone.
  3. Mudvayne819

Mudvayne819 TS Rookie Posts: 42

rofl humanity is so low nowdays rofl... earth need to reset
  4. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,885   +642

Lol! for a Blackberry?! Really?!
  5. seriously people need more hobbies than looking for the latest crap to buy.
  6. vlad4861

vlad4861 TS Rookie

Smartphone is not the worst hobby thought... it has a practical aspect to it. Video gaming on the other hand is much worse(I do)
  7. Relic

Relic TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,379   +16

For a moment I thought that was a Black Friday event.
  8. yes , because all indonesian people buy blackberry likely that only for get BBM features only

Note : I'm from indonesian
  9. Even a dumb person would have a 'smart'phone nowadays.
  10. shameless chaos, 90 BB clients seriously injured in INDONESIA
  11. Once Indonesia put a name in Techspot, it's because of Blackberry and violent?

I'm Indonesian, and I'm ashamed for this..
  12. Not suprising, even football tournament in Indonesia last week resulting in chaos and death.

What a uncivilized lots.
  13. smartphones + dumb people = chaos

luckily, i still have my old reliable nokia 6120c and nokia 7210 :)
  14. These people need internet....Blackberry is dieing.....get a real phone!
  15. only "The Civilized Modern Store-Front" sells "Online"

learn to sell INDONESIA !
  16. Renrew

Renrew TS Enthusiast Posts: 253   +19

No mob mentality excuse for lawless actions like these, no matter where they occur.
  17. typical uneducated indonesian teen behaviour
  18. in Indonesia, Blackberry is the latest trend right now.. ur friends, clients, colleagues,etc demands you to buy one so they can keep in touch with you via Blackberry Messenger.. you don't have Blackberry then u were left behind and (might) excluded from society..
  19. Guest
    on November 26, 2011
    6:13 AM Not suprising, even football tournament in Indonesia last week resulting in chaos and death.

What a uncivilized lots.

---------------------- would say Hooligans are highly civilized even they made worse chaos. Are you racist?
  20. I'm with you, he's racist.
    Note: I'm an Indian,not an Indonesian
  21. as expected