BlackBerry PlayBook available for pre-order, starts at $499

By Jos
Mar 22, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Research in Motion used a press release this morning to announce that its long-awaited BlackBerry PlayBook tablet is officially available for pre-orders starting today, with units hitting retail chains and wireless carriers in the U.S. and Canada on April 19. As previously suggested, the Wi-Fi model that is launching initially will be priced at $499, $599, and $699 for 16GB, 32GB, and 64GB, respectively, right in line with the equivalent iPad 2 models.

Read the whole story
  2. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,272   +90

"5MP front and 3MP back"

Wait, what?
  3. Humm I hope it works better than my Blackberry Storm 2 and has better App support. Because at this point I am sick of my blackberry not having any cool apps or lack of updates. The only..and I mean Only thing that is has is the instant email updates..Other than that it has nothing over Apple or Android phones.
  4. Jos

Jos TechSpot Staff Topic Starter Posts: 2,042   +62 Staff Member

@lawfer - Whoops, I mixed those two up. It's 3MP front and 5MP back.
  5. SSaywell

SSaywell Newcomer, in training Posts: 39

I want to get one of these, although living in UK so will have to wait little longer :(
  6. MrAnderson

MrAnderson TechSpot Maniac Posts: 488   +10

Hope hope the playbook does well, the screen resolution is good, but I really want a larger screen.

Maybe I'll look at it when it comes out. Lots of interesting choices by summer huh?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.