TechSpot

BlackBerry PlayBook available for pre-order, starts at $499

By Jos
Mar 22, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Research in Motion used a press release this morning to announce that its long-awaited BlackBerry PlayBook tablet is officially available for pre-orders starting today, with units hitting retail chains and wireless carriers in the U.S. and Canada on April 19. As previously suggested, the Wi-Fi model that is launching initially will be priced at $499, $599, and $699 for 16GB, 32GB, and 64GB, respectively, right in line with the equivalent iPad 2 models.

Read the whole story

2. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,270   +91

"5MP front and 3MP back"

Wait, what?

3. Humm I hope it works better than my Blackberry Storm 2 and has better App support. Because at this point I am sick of my blackberry not having any cool apps or lack of updates. The only..and I mean Only thing that is has is the instant email updates..Other than that it has nothing over Apple or Android phones.

4. Jos

Jos TechSpot Staff Topic Starter Posts: 2,490   +81

@lawfer - Whoops, I mixed those two up. It's 3MP front and 5MP back.

5. SSaywell

SSaywell TS Rookie Posts: 39

I want to get one of these, although living in UK so will have to wait little longer :(

6. MrAnderson

MrAnderson TS Maniac Posts: 488   +10

Hope hope the playbook does well, the screen resolution is good, but I really want a larger screen.

Maybe I'll look at it when it comes out. Lots of interesting choices by summer huh?