BlackBerry streaming music service coming soon

By Shawn Knight
Aug 19, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. BlackBerry maker Research in Motion will be launching a streaming music service to better compete with Apple’s iOS and Google’s Android platforms. The company is reportedly in late negotiations with…

Read the whole story
  2. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,272   +90

Am I the only one that believes RIM should have been the one dropping support for BB, instead of HP dropping support for webOS?

All I see on this article is a desperate attempt from RIM to look hip to mainstream consumers. Its quite sad, actually.

I say someone please put this horse out of its misery...
  3. slh28

slh28 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,925   +170

Too little, too late.
    If only RIM moved with the times instead of making phones which look the same as the ones from 5 years ago, they could have diversified away from their core corporate base.
  4. Tekkaraiden

Tekkaraiden TechSpot Maniac Posts: 879   +52

Looks interesting and just today my carrier extended my download cap for 500mb to 2gb.
  5. CryVer

CryVer Newcomer, in training Posts: 35

Is it just me, or are these exclusive streaming services going to fail? The concept that Spotify follows are much more interesting; who wants one streaming service for their phone, one for their tablet, and another one for their desktop?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.