TechSpot

BlackBerry Torch 9810 hands-on impressions

By Julio Franco
Aug 17, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Jibberish18

Jibberish18 TS Maniac Posts: 431   +8

Not sure why, but I'm excited about this thing. I don't even like Blackberries, nor do I know anyone who owns one. Could be because I can't stand Android. Could be because my options for Windows Phone are limited or it could be because I actually saw someone physically using an original Blackberry Torch and it looked pretty badass. I don't know. I think I'd hit it.

2. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,060   +76

It is exactly the same on Android so what is the big deal ?

3. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,524   +324

Doesn't happen on the iPhone! :p

4. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,060   +76

I am sure it does but I just don't like iPhone. :p

5. I have had a 9800 since November and I wish this one came out then.
    Original is horribly underpowered compared to android phones these days, but the h/w bump-ups on this one will make it more able to multi-task, which I would say is it's biggest issue, along with random touchscreen freeze-ups if you have it drawn open on screen and don't touch it for a couple seconds then start typing quickly it pauses for a couple seconds. Those two issues with it make me upset.
    VERY good phone in terms of the actual cellular service and audio quality (my provider just activated HSPA+ a couple months ago and it's been just great. Was nice to see the little g turn into a big G on my home screen :D

I want the red one though, the 9810 when it was first announced (before it had a model # attached to it) was coming in silver and red, damnitt. :F

6. jtickner1

jtickner1 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 663

And nor does it happen on my X10!

7. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,524   +324

Nope, I can be listening to some music from an internet radio station using TuneIn at the same time I can browse the web at a decent speed and install an app from the app store and it certainly doesn't lag or freeze for a couple of seconds, near the end of the app install it may stutter for a micro second but thats about it! :) iPhone3GS

8. jonny702

jonny702 TS Member Posts: 30

Techspot should do a story about RIM indefinitely suspending their certification program... grrrrr

9. aj_the_kidd

aj_the_kidd TS Rookie Posts: 555

Yay for you :p

10. I just got the 9810 two days ago and they haven't fixed the "freezing up" it still is freezing up pretty bad like the 9800 did. Also, I keep losing network service for no reason when I know that I have service...hopefully just some bugs but really annoying...

11. to the writer thanx yur opinion is real true.rare to find.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.