BlackBerry unveils budget-minded Q5 qwerty smartphone

By Shawn Knight
May 14, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. BlackBerry is once again on the offensive as the company unveiled a new smartphone at the annual BlackBerry Live conference in Orlando, Florida. The budget-minded Q5 handset is designed with emerging markets in mind and is expected to go on...

Read more
  2. psycros

psycros TechSpot Booster Posts: 692   +209

"Most successful launch year"? What does that even mean? It obviously doesn't refer to sales or user adoption. BB did much better when the first Curve debuted.
  3. ETF Soldier

ETF Soldier TechSpot Booster Posts: 279   +39

I've never been a big fan of Blackberry (formerly RIM), but the Z10 and Q5 have had some of the best and innovative designs at least, and if I were to choose a phone purely on the aesthetics of the phone, then Blackberry would be fighting for first place alongside the HTC One.
    Skidmarksdeluxe likes this.
  4. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,922   +724

I think they look nice. I tend to like a phone with a physical keyboard. My last feature phone was a Samsung that featured a physical keyboard & enjoyed using it. I've never been comfortable tapping on a piece of glass.
  5. ETF Soldier

ETF Soldier TechSpot Booster Posts: 279   +39

Using an iPod Touch for 3-4 years I've much got used to the tapping on a touchscreen phone, but I like being able to text without looking, as if gaming, in school or even just having a conversation I don't have to divert a lot of brainpower to the act, and in a conversation it avoids being rude, so I have to agree with you. :)
  6. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,797   +882

I think Blackberry's problem is the lack of large displays (QWERTY models). I am looking at pictures of the Q10 and my friend Blackberry Bold 9930 (or whatever it is called) right now and the problem is the wasted display space. They fit in the BB logo + the Verizon logo on the front... If the bezels were be expanded further and the Verizon logo was moved to the back, then you have yourself a good phone.
  7. NTAPRO

NTAPRO TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 807   +91

[​IMG]

Same phone?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.