Blacks Rally for Slave Reparations

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was wrong to have slavery, but man - get over it, noone alive expierenced slavery - its too bad it happened in the past, but people now don't need to pay for injustices of the past.

65,000,000 years ago, a distant ancestor of mine was opressed by dinosaurs.. You don't see me digging up those old bones again though.

I'm not saying what is happening now is a good thing but you have to admit there has never been any official apology for Slavery.

Paying for something that has been done by ancestors might not be right, but pretending it never happened isn't the way to go either.

Not so long ago, Belgium admitted its wrong-doings in Congo & mostly with the Lumumba assassination. It won't bring people back but admitting it was wrong is the first thing to do & it took them many years to do so.

Slave reparation?

Give me a break, a lot of groups have been wronged throught out history. What about the American Indians, they still don't have thier land back.

Larry

Yeh we should close this thread. No good can come of it anymore, everyone has their opinions and they are most likely different, which will just cause people on this board to hold something against someone which they otherwise respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back