TechSpot

1. TechSpot Forums are dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot Forums are dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

Blank monitor help!

By Sloppy998
May 2, 2008
  1. Hi everyone, ive just put together my first computer. Plugged it in everything seems to be working inside the pc. I have a ASUS striker ii mobo and EVGA 9800 GX2 gpu. Everything is connected fine with the psu all the lights are on led's and fans. The prblem is i connect the monitor and nothing happens! There are no beeps when i turn on the pc. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

2. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Posts: 5,273   +92

Double, triple and quadruple check that everything is connected properly.

Try testing your 9800 GX2 in another PC and/or grab another video card and try that in yours.

3. Sloppy998

Sloppy998 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 31

Ive just had a technician in and he seems to think either my motherboard has been shorted or the cpu has been zapped. Is there anything else i could try?

4. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,715   +397

You could try a different PSU. Also be sure you have the extra power plugged into your video card, although normally I think if you don't have that plugged in you get warning beeps from the video card.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.