Motherboard - Asus A7n8x-x
Processor - AMD Athlon 1.8ghz
Memory DDR - 768mb (512 - 256)
video card - Gforce 6200 pci 256mb
2 HDD
2 DVD drives
350watt power supply
Windows XP sp3

I have my computer hooked up to an APC that leaves it powered on for a few minutes, enough to have the computer shut down.

One morning the power went out, and I wasn't around. The computer just shut off. This computer has had hard shut downs before with no probs. Most of the computers I build usually do well.

Regardless, I turned my computer back on when I noticed it was off. It sounds like everything is booting up. I hear the HDD spinning the lights on the DVD drives light up, the fans go, and the monitor turns on.

The problem is, the monitor is blank. NOTHING comes up. I don't see the bios, nothing.. it turns on to a blank screen. When I shut down the power, the monitor displays the usual "no signal." The computer does one beep and sounds like it normally does when it starts to boot.

What I've done to try and resolve this issue:
I tried a different power supply with just the motherboard plugged in.

I tried switching and removing the memory.

I put the video card in another computer and it worked fine

Tested monitor on another comp, was fine

I reset the CMOS

I removed the battery overnight

I removed the memory and started it up to constant beeping (which I believe rules out the processor being bad)

I did everything I could think of to attempt to find the problem...

Is the mobo dead? cuz it sounds normal to me, even the mobo power led lights up. I get all the normal sounds.

The computer had no issues with the vid card to begin with, and I tried it in various PCI slots.

Anyone wanna give me ideas or options?

If you think my mobo is dead or processor, please.. :) tell me so I can just stop tinkering on this thing. It'd give me new reason to build a new pc..

However I'd like to keep this running and not spend the money when this does what I need at the moment

Slainte
~Drew

I switched out the processors and I still get the same result. I'm just so frustrated right now, and have NO idea wtf is going with my computer...

Anyone, please help...

~Drew

Something happened with the PCI slots.. an agp vid card works fine..

prob is I flashed the CMOS and I can't figure out how to get my memory to be dual instead of single.. I'll figure it out..

Thank you Everyone!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back