blaster worm question! i'm new here...

By grgrass
Oct 13, 2003
  1. anyways i found out i got the blaster worm virus. i haven't updated my norton anitvirus for about a year. i didn't have internet for a year. last week i use a dial up connection to get on the net my computer kept shutting down on me.

anyways fast forward to tonight, i downloaded the systmatic worm blaster and it told me to unable 'system restore.' i downloaded microsoft's new patch and i got norton anti V '03 . so my question is, should go back and enable 'system restore' or should i leave it alone. will defaulting 'system restore' unable systematic's worm blaster? if all else i want to keep some sort of protection. what should i do?

oh by the way after 4 hrs of installing patches and scanning viruses everything is good now, but i can't run belarc-does that have anything to do with my 'system restore?' sorry for the long story, thanks!

Edited by sngx1275 for one line of content, check your Private Messages
  2. Tarkus

Tarkus TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 621

if you're all fixed up, you can turn on system restore again. That was just necessary for removing the worm.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.