Blinking amber light

I have a Dell Optiplex that runs a small CNC machine. The other day I started the computer and while it was booting up I turned the key board over and tapped it on the counter to remove some metal chips that were stuck in the keys. The computer quit working. I opened the back and saw a green blinking light on the mother board. I was told to replace the power supply. I did. Now I have the green blinking light on the mother board and a blinking amber light in the start button and nothing working on the computer. I don't know what to do next.

"I don't know what to do next"...

What's a small CNC machine, and where did the metal chips come from?

A CNC is a computerized numerical controled milling machine. The metal chips came from a part that I had been machining.

You should use a rubberized keyboard protector similar to those used in the food industry, to protect that keyboard. The Dell's motherboard is probably bad

Thank you

I will get a key board cover if I ever get this computer fixed. Is it very hard to replace a mother board?

Thank you for your help!

Try another keyboard first just in case mainly because it is easy and inexpensive. The keyboard might be shorted. If you got metal chips into the keyboard, you might have also have gotten some of the cooling fluid in there too.

blinking yellow power light

Hi there, I had a blinking yellow power light and computer would not power up. So I opened it up and saw there was a solid green light on MO. I went over it with a fine tooth comb and I learned that the pins in one of my front usb port were all smushed in and the port would be non functioning, so I took a plastic fork and I moved all the pins back in place and separated from eachother, and wow, the next thing I know, my computer powers up and everything is fine now.

I hope this information can help someone else with that very frustrating yellow light

Back